Picked up a M20 252TSE!

shawnd

After at least a year of looking around, and at least a couple years of browsing around these forums, I am excited and proud to put a N# in my MS profile :D Closed the deal today but won't be flying it for a few weeks while it gets cleaned and fixed up at Chandler Aviation. Began my search with 231s and ended up with 252. The serial # is in the 1000's so perhaps an encore conversion down the road? :)

• Like 12

Congrats Shawn!

Way to go with all the info in your avatar area!

Got any training lined up for that?

Transition, IR, climbing in the FLs with O2, or anything else?

Got your insurance all set up?   I know a guy...

All the Standard Questions I can think of...

Hey wait a minute.... (really important).... where are the pics?  We need more that one...

:)

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

Thanks @kortopates @carusoam. Yep will be doing the transition training when I pick it up and get it back up to the PNW. IR will follow later this year in the bird that I will be flying - much better that way. Which leads to insurance, yes its a bit high but doable. Parker has been very helpful in that aspect.

Didn't get much time to take pics after the sale. The video is from engine start by Rick who was ferrying it over to Chandler Aviation.

IMG_0781.jpeg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, shawnd said:

After at least a year of looking around, and at least a couple years of browsing around these forums

Sounds about right :) Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

Howdy Shawn:

Welcome! Where will you be based in the PNW? I'd be happy to right seat for you when you get your plane up here. I have about 1200+ hours in the 252 Encore conversion model (N252MK and N52202). Was really sorry when my partners wouldn't do the engine overhaul and opted to go for a Bravo. That's what I fly now out of Paine (N355RZ).

You won't be sorry with the 252. The best of all Mooneys I must admit.

You can contact me here or at: aeroncadoc at comcast.net (but use that little @ thingy)

Henry Hochberg

• Like 2

Haha, hey there Henry! Long time no see. We met up once and you gave a quick intro to the Bravo, maybe a couple years back? Did a quick trip to TIW and back for food.

Yeah I was deliberating again about pinging you about the partnership but figured I rather just own the darn plane. More decision power and freedom (of course with the blessing of the CFO in the family).

OMG. It's you Shawn. I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Great to have you join the PAE Mooney club. If you get your plane up here in the next month or so I do know of a hangar that will be open for another month or so until the owner gets his TTX back from engine work. 

Clearly, you were smart and got a 252 instead of a Bravo! Let me know when your plane gets up here. We've redone the panel in the Bravo so it's even more redundant. Might give you ideas (pending family CFO approval) if you need panel work.

Henry

I will be happy to bum a hangar whenever possible! One of your partners put up a video on YouTube and I was like “Wait I know that plane and hangar!” Saw the new G5’s that you guys installed. Good to get the other HSI out.

The aircraft currently is at Chandler Aviation (MSC) in Phoenix and will be ready in 5-6 weeks.