JPI Harness - Inside Connection???

Help!!! In the midst of avionics upgrade. Moving from a JPI EDM700 to an 830, and moving locations as well. The old harness is to short to make the transition seamlessly. I had spoken with JPI prior to the shutdown, and do know they make and offer a harness extension. I’ve obviously tried to call and email, but haven’t heard back. Does anyone have an inside connection that I can reach out to to order one? Otherwise I may be waiting until California allows them to go back to work.

I posted this both here and to the Mooney Owners’s FB page, hoping to reach someone!

A531778B-C715-46D3-9749-D824F5ED4459.jpeg

0CDE8004-D644-415D-88F1-55D93AE9D9A6.jpeg

Per JPI, you are allowed to lengthen it as long as you use the yellow JPI wire.  I had to do that to mine when I rearranged my panel and didn’t want to spend the $300.  Works great, big pain the ass.

• Like 2

Same thing, said in a different way...

Thermo-couple wires are made from two different metals...

So... extending the wires takes using the same two different wire materials...

The wires are color coded... their insulation is colored.

Don’t mix up the wires...you will get useless data from your JPI as a reward... :)

If the shut-down continues... you can always ask EI for advice on extending the JPI wires...

Technically possible for you to get it done... just a big pain (Like Andy said!)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CharlesHuddleston said:

Help!!! In the midst of avionics upgrade. Moving from a JPI EDM700 to an 830, and moving locations as well. The old harness is to short to make the transition seamlessly. I had spoken with JPI prior to the shutdown, and do know they make and offer a harness extension. I’ve obviously tried to call and email, but haven’t heard back. Does anyone have an inside connection that I can reach out to to order one? Otherwise I may be waiting until California allows them to go back to work.

I posted this both here and to the Mooney Owners’s FB page, hoping to reach someone!

JPI people are still there working - they just aren't answering the phone. I ordered some EGT probes from Chief and JPI drop-shipped them to me.

You might try e-mailing them. Try these: kasey@jpinstruments.com    support@jpinstruments.com    sales@jpinstruments.com

• Thanks 1

I'm also in the EDM700 upgrade stage and we just took out the 700, to make room for the 730 to go in the same location.  And, like you, we found that the wires are just a bit too short...at least at first glance.  The 730 (like your 830) unit is shorter in length, than the 700, by 3-4 inches.  And that small difference in depth may require us to extend our wire harness also, unless we find a bundle tied deeper in the panel.  I'm hopeful about that, because it seems odd that the first installers would make the harness that "precise" when it seems that everything else behind the panel has about a yard of extra wire all bundled and zip tied...

BTW, a shout out to our MSer @Jeev from whom I ordered the 730...great and responsive support!  I was prepared the order the 700>730 upgrade from either Chief or AS...and then I found out about him - glad I did.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

JPI people are still there working - they just aren't answering the phone. I ordered some EGT probes from Chief and JPI drop-shipped them to me.

You might try e-mailing them. Try these: kasey@jpinstruments.com    support@jpinstruments.com    sales@jpinstruments.com

Thanks! I had tried the sales email, will hit up the other two as well!!!

21 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

JPI people are still there working - they just aren't answering the phone.

That isn't really a stellar recommendation, if someone is considering a purchase...