Viva Las Vegas !

So, you all are showing info from the web. 
Do you believe everything you read on the internet?
Tell about all about your friends and family suffering from the Covid.

Don’t know why folks keep trying to convince you that you are wrong. They are wasting their time because there is simply no amount of evidence that will convince you this is a real disease that has already killed nearly 100k Americans. Your believe system is locked with your political views and everything else is just fake news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Seems every thread that has anything remotely to do with the virus devolves into the same thing... 

Unfortunately there are many other consequences than just deaths from the virus itself. This is not to get into a pissing match over whether the virus is serious. I've said it before, it is a complex situation that demands more than a one size fits all approach. 

California doctors say they've seen more deaths from suicide than coronavirus since lockdowns

600 Physicians Say Lockdowns Are A ‘Mass Casualty Incident’

• Like 8

I don't think anyone here is saying this isn't a serious medical problem but it seems the health care community and much of the media don't  give a dam that over thirty million people have lost their jobs and or business some may never recover.  They use words like unfortunate or really difficult times but they add a spoon full of sugar telling us what great little lemmings we all are for the good of the country.  None of them are out of a job.  I have read the declaration the constitution the bill of rights and nowhere does it say void if illness overruns our country.  There is a lot more to the human condition than our physical condition.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, philip_g said:

it's not a political party any longer, it's a cult. Simply defies reason.

Wait, which side is the cult?

Why is it so important for you to convince me of anything?

I choose to get on with my life because I enjoy life and all it has to offer.

If some choose to cower under a toad stool with a mask and a bottle of hand sanitizer, It doesn’t bother me any, although I will laugh at them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bonal said:

I don't think anyone here is saying this isn't a serious medical problem but it seems the health care community and much of the media don't  give a dam that over thirty million people have lost their jobs and or business some may never recover.  They use words like unfortunate or really difficult times but they add a spoon full of sugar telling us what great little lemmings we all are for the good of the country.  None of them are out of a job.  I have read the declaration the constitution the bill of rights and nowhere does it say void if illness overruns our country.  There is a lot more to the human condition than our physical condition.  

I personally don’t know anyone in the healthcare community that expresses that sentiment over the economy. The ones I know are deeply troubled by the economy and the significant harm that medical illness has on the economy. The #1 cause of bankruptcy is medical debt. Many people dropped their insurance over the last couple of years when the individual mandate was removed and run the risk of financial ruin even if they do recover from COVID.

Have you considered the economic cost of missing work for 2 weeks because you get sick? Or the cost of a day in the ICU? Or a month? How about a month of disability to recover from your illness? Or being permanently disabled as many “COVID survivors” will be.

How about the economic impact of having infections skyrocket when people stop social distancing and wearing masks and either a) people are afraid to go out because they don’t want to get sick and possibly die or b) the restrictions start again.

It seems if one was really concerned about the economy, he would do everything possible to prevent getting infected or spreading the infection because that is that strategy that would result in the least economic harm. If the waiter in your restaurant exposes 100 people before he knows he’s sick, 10 of them end up hospitalized and one or two end up dying what’s the economic impact of that? To me, someone sitting in a crowded restaurant without a mask doesn’t send the message “I have no fear” —instead it shouts to me “I have no brain.”

If not trying to convince anyone of “my” views. I’m comfortable with how I reached my conclusions.

• Like 6

So when do you decide it's safe to go back to work to hear some experts we won't be given the green light until we have a proven vaccine which may never happen I guess better to be locked down permanently lose your home your business your children's college fund but that won't matter because the schools will be shut down as well than to get sick.  And even if we managed to get some things open this summer as soon as there is the slightest uptick in cases which is likely since by then we will have millions being tested and army's of contact tracers combing the country the green light will go off again and the second wave of forced economic deviation will be an even greater blow.  It's a shame that anyone that has real concerns about anything detrimental about all this  other than the direct medical aspects is blasted and criticized put down as if their concerns are invalid.  

Edited by bonal
  • Like 2

Wait, which side is the cult?
Why is it so important for you to convince me of anything?
I choose to get on with my life because I enjoy life and all it has to offer.
If some choose to cower under a toad stool with a mask and a bottle of hand sanitizer, It doesn’t bother me any, although I will laugh at them.

You prove my point once again. Yes we are all contemplating the consequences of this pandemic. I will not even disagree with those that believe the damage to the economy is as bad or worse than the disease. Some of us are fortunate to still have jobs while there are millions now that are wondering how to put food on the table for their families. Why I don’t get is folks like you that ridicule those than want to wear a mask and have now politicized the wearing of a mask as an intrusion on our liberty. Once you get to this point you are no longer having a discussion about the pertinent issues here, it just becomes an irrational discussion with someone who is just irrational. Enough said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

You don't wear a mask to protect yourself.  You wear a mask to protect the people around you, just in case you have the virus but aren't showing any symptoms.  The mask breaks up your exhalation so any droplets don't travel as far.

I won't laugh because that's just a good citizen who cares about his community.

• Like 7

The virus defies party lines...  It is an equal opportunity destroyer...

Doesn’t care how old you are...  It is better to be young if you get it...

Doesn’t care about your ethnicity... 

Doesn’t care about your Sex, M/F.... Or your chosen pronouns...

Haven’t heard if you are free from getting the virus a second time yet...

Most doctors aren’t looking forward to shutting things down... they have an office full of employees sitting idle...

Companies don’t want to be shut down... they are working diligently at installing proper ways of working... many are going on line and allowing people to work from home...

The politicians are really working for their Money out this way... real leaders are honed this way... weaker players get exposed for what they are...

From the governors, the NYC mayor, the local people.... it’s all about getting opened up properly...

Lots of protocols put in place for things that work, so people can be at work...

The weather channel updates the illness report by county... my county loses a couple more people each day...

My friend’s church lost seven members... (prayers for the lost souls)  it is a tiny church...

The fancy college I’m paying for... has a plan in place with all the details coming together.... Expect to be open in the fall...

Fortunately, the speed, accuracy, and availability of testing is accelerating....

Even more simple... the amount of knowledge is spreading... The number of people with non-contact thermometers is increasing...

Every bit counts...

There will be a time to sit out...

Don’t start too soon...

Stay protected...
Protect people around you...

The virus is the enemy, not each other...

Spread the word...

PP thoughts only, not a virus or community expert...

I am confident we will get through this together....

Knowledge is power!

Go MS!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 9

Wearing a mask isn't the issue its being forced to close your business because you were just unlucky that the government decided it's not essential.  Or being let go because the company you worked for was also not essential.  Being denied your first amendment right to freedom of religion freedom of assembly.  And what about the persuit of happiness.  We are never going to know what the true morbidly percentage of this vir Is because so many people have had the virus and were without symptoms and never tested.  Also how many deaths were listed as covid that weren't actually caused by the virus I promise you that number will never be adjusted.  I apologize for my misuse of some terminology but I'm sure you know my meaning.  It's all fine if your one of the lucky ones that can work from home or are essential.  Too bed for you if not but don't worry your unemployment checks will take care of you. For every example one can site about how bad the sickness is I can come up with at least three times the number of things associated with the cure that are worse starting with suicide spousal abusers child abusers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

You don't wear a mask to protect yourself.  You wear a mask to protect the people around you, just in case you have the virus but aren't showing any symptoms.  The mask breaks up your exhalation so any droplets don't travel as far.

I won't laugh because that's just a good citizen who cares about his community.

And so we should never stop wearing them,  ever because this virus will always be out there.

8 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Always a concern, covid or not.

A bad case of botulism will make covid look like a walk in the park!

Unless you die of Covid like someone I know.  Or spend weeks terribly Ill like some I know.  That’s fake news though right?  Oh wait it’s a hoax.  It’s not as bad as the flu.  It’s not as bad as botulism.  I read that here on the internet.

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 2

I am confident there will be an end to the virus...

There will be a vaccine, or more than one...

There will be herd immunity...

There will be medications that make recovery better...

We will soon get an answer to the important questions...

• Does recovering from the virus give you immunity from the next exposure?
  • How long does this immunity last?

We are getting a better picture of the related rates of virus spread - virus cure...

It is not all doom and gloom... were not living in the 50s... We are up to date by the minute via cell phone when we want to be... and free to be off the grid, as long as we want...

We have real companies, with real people, working on real solutions...

Some of the places that parts of the solutions are coming from are really interesting.... technologies that didn't exist last year...

This Country isn’t perfect, but I wouldn’t trade for any other one...  :)

The medical system isn’t perfect...

The pharma industry isn’t perfect... And they have been taking it on the chin for more than a decade...

But, they are better, for the most part, than what other places have...

+1 Keep Working and be Safe... the two can coincide.... We will find a way...

PP thoughts only, not a political strategist...My goal has always been to stay employed... until retirement... and stay insured for life... (I’m only halfway there, the second half is going to be better than the first)

My MS rally the troops moment for the day...  :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Good masks do help you to prevent catching it, but not nearly as much as they help to keep people from spreading it that don't know that they have it.   For that purpose even a reasonable cloth mask works.   It's like a pop filter on a microphone, it just takes the energy out of the exhaled droplets. 

I know a few people who have had it.    An anesthesiologist friend who had interned at Bellevue in NYC went back to volunteer in their covid-19 ward and, despite all of the measures that they're taking there and using large amounts of effective ppe, still caught it.   He was sick and confined to his hotel room for a couple weeks until he was able to come home.   He said this is most definitely not flu and you don't want to get it, even if you don't have to be hospitalized or die.   If you do have to be hospitalized and get intubated, your chances of ever waking up is only about 18%.   They were seeing multiple organ failures in patients which is apparently a result of how this virus works.

The most prevalent comorbidities are obesity, diabetes, and hypertension.   That's a very large fraction of the American workforce and many families depend on providers that have those conditions.  Many companies depend on leadership/ownership that have those conditions.

I don't know why some seem think it is important for people to be able to go to work or go out to eat, but not to be able to maintain their health or life?   I think all of it is important and the big challenge seems to be to be able to open up businesses with sufficient measures in place to protect people from spreading it or contracting it.   Since the preventive measures are not that hard, I'm puzzled why some people reject them so easily.

• Like 5

On 5/23/2020 at 12:08 PM, ilovecornfields said:

I wish we didn’t have sides either, but this “I don’t see it so it doesn’t exist” argument is pretty juvenile and beneath us. Toddlers think this was but adults really shouldn’t.

https://www.simplypsychology.org/Object-Permanence.html

The Earth is flat.

I don’t see any curvature.

fake news.

• Like 4

in other sad news...

That flat earth guy didn't do so well with his Proof...

I’d show the video... but that won’t bring him back...

A brief flight in a C152 would have worked much better...

if interested... Find Mad Mike Hughs on YouTube....

Best regards,

-a-

• Sad 1

I created this post not to cause conflict.  I created it, and have provided additional content in hopes of showing the positive aspect of hopefully making some progress of people out living their lives again, exercising our freedoms by performing activities we love, using healthy guidelines in conjunction with.

We are all beyond frustrated.  Those that have lost so much, and are loosing so much, we have tremendous empathy for.  We want all to succeed, returning to good health and prosperity .

Progress is being made.  Please be kind and respectful to one another. 

• Like 4

...... and on another happy positive note ( pun intended), I’m out tomorrow playing music ( it’s been nearly 3 months) for a physically distancing outdoors event..... birthday celebration for an 89 years young mother of a wonderful local family.......there is hope!:)

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

I created this post not to cause conflict.  I created it, and have provided additional content in hopes of showing the positive aspect of hopefully making some progress of people out living their lives again, exercising our freedoms by performing activities we love, using healthy guidelines in conjunction with.

We are all beyond frustrated.  Those that have lost so much, and are loosing so much, we have tremendous empathy for.  We want all to succeed, returning to good health and prosperity .

Progress is being made.  Please be kind and respectful to one another. 

These are anxious times as we see it clearly bubbles over here on ms in any of these several threads that even touch on the surprising suddenly upon us.  Clearly there is a lot of strong opinion that gush forward at even a little opening.   I presume this thread will soon also be closed an another will soon appear.  

im glad we have good ol lean of peak, led lights, autopilots, etc to keep focused on the standard threads. 

meanwhile we see on this and it’s like threads we are opinionated and distracted.

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 1

Us trumpet players will be pausing tomorrow to offer up “Taps Across America” in honor of our military personnel that gave their everything, and for those that have died from the virus.....3 PM your local time..... step outdoors and listen for one of us. :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

Us trumpet players will be pausing tomorrow to offer up “Taps Across America” in honor of our military personnel that gave their everything, and for those that have died from the virus.....3 PM your local time..... step outdoors and listen for one of us. :)

My son is a trumpeter. And a bugler which he has done with his civil war renacter division and he is doing the same thing as you tomorrow with his bugle in his civil war uniform.

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing that. I was wondering why Arizona had a much higher death rate per capita than any of the surrounding states. Now it’s crystal clear!
D2A8745E-7E99-4D6E-B3CB-648C8B717DFE.thumb.png.fb094b588f86a7fd6f3c1cc37d1b1ede.png

Winning!
  • Sad 1