NorCal EDI $150!

Just did my Hartzell EDI inspection up at Lincoln airport. $150. Otherwise I'd been quoted $500. This place does industrial weld inspections but they have their FAA repair station license to do these inspections. They are not A&Ps (only certified for prop inspections) so you need to find a way to R&R the spinner.

http://www.ctcservicesinc.com/

-Robert

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RobertGary1 said:

Just did my Hartzell EDI inspection up at Lincoln airport. $150. Otherwise I'd been quoted $500. This place does industrial weld inspections but they have their FAA repair station license to do these inspections. They are not A&Ps (only certified for prop inspections) so you need to find a way to R&R the spinner.

http://www.ctcservicesinc.com/

-Robert

Thank you Robert.  Good to know in case Golden State is no longer available.

Yes I used CTC on my last hub inspection and mentioned them on a couple other threads on the subject . There tech did the most thorough inspection  of any I have used.  Ramp elves handled the RR on the spinner.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, carusoam said:

Iirc.... nylon washers under the stainless screw heads.... keep things from sticking too hard...(?)

Best regards,

-a-

Done on all inspection panels and spinner. But my first annual where I had almost no participation (about annual #8 or #9), I think they used an impact driver to put the spinner back on. Took me 45 minutes, pushing into each screw with both legs and my back, to get the last dozen spinner screws out . . . .

• Like 1