Manned Space Flight......Yippee!!!

3 hours ago, flyboy0681 said:

It's not smoke and mirrors when you consider the capsule can transport seven people, even though four seats are installed. This is not your grandfather's Apollo capsule.

So much can be reduced to a simple touch screen compared to all the analog instruments and the mechanics it takes for them to operate. Kind of like how much weight you lose when you upgrade your panel.  That said I doubt the crew has much to do with regards to the launch since it's all likely controlled by the flight computers.  Makes what NASA accomplished back in the 60's that much more impressive.  Even the Space X heavy lift booster is no match for the Saturn five. I hope I am able to watch it again come Saturday and they have favorable weather very cool to see the live feed.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 10:26 PM, neilpilot said:

Saturday at 3:22 E

Keen on that one again, better much earlier on my watch ! 

Shame it was scrubbed yesterday but worth watching live with all technical details, although an old vintage crew bus would still have looked way cooler !

The last Falcon 9 I tried to watch with naked eye mid-Jan also went scrubbed due to “cross-winds” (not “thunderstorms”, at the end all aircraft are subject to weather even with the impression that those guys are all IFR rated and well equipped)

Edited by Ibra
  • Like 1

Darn, looks like thunderstorm high probability tomorrow around the Cape.

You know, I just have to ask why would they put a rocket launch facility is such a bad weather area, when they knew darn well that it would constantly delay launches?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, MooneyMitch said:

Darn, looks like thunderstorm high probability tomorrow around the Cape.

You know, I just have to ask why would they put a rocket launch facility is such a bad weather area, when they knew darn well that it would constantly delay launches?

Something to do with locating it in a place with good weather and close to the equator. Weather never stopped the Apollo missions (except for maybe a jolt to Apollo 12), which as you know, started from that very spot.

• Like 2

Just now, flyboy0681 said:

Something to do with locating it in a place with good weather and close to the equator. Weather never stopped the Apollo missions (except for maybe a jolt to Apollo 12), which as you know, started from that very spot.

My attempt at humor this morning................hoping for good weather tomorrow for this historic event.  :)

During our tour of Hawthorne SpaceX rocket facility, we were not allowed to take photos.

I did try to describe the inside of the facility to folks.  Now it’s so terrific to have seen so much of the facility and it’s internal transparency via this mission video broadcasts.  

ISS docking complete!! Wowie!!!

• Like 1

Current voice communication issues between Endeavor and ISS really hits home.  Voice, and other types of communication systems was my career field during my 30+ years at our West Coast Space Port.  So very interesting and fascinating this all is!! 

Watching Bob and Doug crammed against the touch screens...

Some voice says there is room for seven people....

Hours later... you see Bob floating around in the extra space...

Not a single hoser piece of humor until after the docking was complete... Eh?

It was so extra serious...

Great to see the results...  in true MS style i was awake until I couldn't be...  And woke up during the docking phase...   :)

Go Space-X!

Best regards,

-a-

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Great to see the results...  in true MS style i was awake until I couldn't be...  And woke up during the docking phase...

I think with your sleeping hours (as on your MS posts) you should qualify for the program :lol:

• Haha 1