Goodbye Falcon, Hello Parker Woodruff

201er

When I first got my 201, I insured with Avemco for the first year just cause they would take me. Insurance started at close to $3000 with zero Mooney time. But after loads of flying, instrument training, and instrument rating in the first year, it came down below $2000. Still, with over 100 hours in make and model and around 500TT, it was time to get some proper insurance. Cliff over at Falcon was a gem. He got me below $1500 and for the last 8 years a slight decrease in premium each yeah as my hours would rise. Cliff was great and would help me with odd requests such as getting coverage for St. Pierre and Miquelon or for Cuba at no extra charge.

I was sad to learn that Cliff left Falcon and with rapidly growing rather than shrinking rates, this renewal was time to spread my wings and say goodbye to Falcon which had been insuring my hull for 8 years.

For this renewal, I went with my buddy @Parker_Woodruff. Before ever talking insurance with Parker, we'd chat about Mooneys, training, and instructing. He has answered loads of questions for me about those topics and insurance before I ever even considered being a customer. He even took us out to lunch when we last flew into Dallas. With Cliff gone from Falcon, I had little reason to stay as it was his excellent service and rates that kept me there. So, for the last few weeks I was working on a renewal plan with Parker. Let me tell you, he went above and beyond for me. He pushed whatever buttons and pulled whatever levers got me a rate that even Falcon couldn't offer me while chasing after me when I decided to leave. Parker spent the time making sure not only that I'd pay less but making sure I wouldn't jeopardize my coverage by being too frugal either. And being Mooney guys, you know how easy that can be.

My experience was Falcon has been very good. But going with Parker for my insurance has been downright outstanding. Credit is given where credit is due. He is an asset to the Insurance, Aviation, and Mooney community.

Parker has not paid me anything (yet), twisted my elbow, or asked me to speak about my insurance experience. Just my four half pennies.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, 201er said:

When I first got my 201, I insured with Avemco for the first year just cause they would take me. Insurance started at close to $3000 with zero Mooney time. But after loads of flying, instrument training, and instrument rating in the first year, it came down below $2000.

We haven't seen or heard much of your flying adventures recently. I always looked forward to your trips through video, stills and narratives. My favorite trip of yours was through the Caribbean, classic Mike.

• Like 2

I relocated to Seattle and needed a new agent @Parker_Woodruff took care of me quickly, answered all questions, and I believe he must have given up commission to get me the rates he did. 

On that theme, I want to also endorse Joe Susfolk Insurance based at KVNY.  Chris was always good to me, but not licensed for Washington.

• Like 1

Just now, Bolter said:

I relocated to Seattle and needed a new agent @Parker_Woodruff took care of me quickly, answered all questions, and I believe he must have given up commission to get me the rates he did. 

I didn't give up commission, but I know the right questions to ask to make sure each little favorable mark could go in your favor. Thanks for trusting me with your business from so far away!

Things are fluid I/we try to keep a good handle on the market.

• Like 3

I'm sensing a trend here...and one that I'm a part of as well.  When I heard Cliff left, I switched from Falcon to @Parker_Woodruff .  For me it wasn't a cost issue as the Premiums are the same price; Parker is just more communicative and actually seemed to want me as a customer. 

I will second this. So far haven’t gotten the policy yet but might soon. But that depends more on if I purchase the a/c or not. Talked to Parker and he took his time to explain the details and also went into details about the coverage gaps that I wasn’t aware of from other quotes. He has been amazing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parker_Woodruff said:

Thanks @201er for the kind words.  Glad to meet you and your wife in person several months ago.  Wish the parrots could have joined us for BBQ.

The parrots must have grown some, if they’re big enough to BBQ.

Clarence

I, too, switched from Falcon to Parker last fall when my rate went up and Falcon ignored my requests for an explanation/re-evaluation.

Parker's communication is EXCELLENT!  He answered the why's and put up with my many back/and forth questions.  In the end the rate was the rate, but I had a good explanation of why.  Funny thing, AFTER Falcon got news of the new 'broker of record' letter they called me!  To their credit they listened and understood why I left and were apologetic.  A little late, I told 'em.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, J0nathan225 said:

What's the best means of starting the process with @Parker_Woodruff ?   Global went up ~55% MATH, I was hopeful my youth was going to cut down on the large increase, I was wrong. :D       ANSWERED: Posting anyways. (site fully loaded showing the contacts page finally)

Just got your web submission.  I'll be in touch soon!

• Like 1

Just now, RobertGary1 said:

The broker doesn’t set the rates. If they are different they probably quoted a different level of coverage. 

-Robert 

All my quotes were close, my guess it’s commissions ( markup)

I do feel bad for the new guy at falcon. I haven’t been too happy with them for the past few years because I could never get in contact with the broker when I had questions. After Parker spent so much time explaining options on a claim question I had I ended up renewing with him when my policy expired.  I think Falcon is seeing clientele switching as I received a letter urging me to give them a second chance.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

I do feel bad for the new guy at falcon. I haven’t been too happy with them for the past few years because I could never get in contact with the broker when I had questions. After Parker spent so much time explaining options on a claim question I had I ended up renewing with him when my policy expired.  I think Falcon is seeing clientele switching as I received a letter urging me to give them a second chance.  

Cliff used to send multiple emails, and even call if renewal got too close. Switched to Parker last year, only had one Falcon email a couple months before renewal last year; ain't heard nothin this year . . . .

• Like 1