How to fly a 787 like a boss!

robert7467

2 hours ago, robert7467 said:

I think I am going to do a top gun next!

Love it!

But has anyone told you that your airplane doesn't seem as big on the inside was it looks on the outside?

I have seen that initial climb out sequence of that 787 and wow - I know they probably light loaded it, and really cranked the speed on the runway before pulling back, and really rode the angle of attack carefully right to the edge of the envelope - but yikes it just looks wrong and not possible.

13 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

I have seen that initial climb out sequence of that 787 and wow - I know they probably light loaded it, and really cranked the speed on the runway before pulling back, and really rode the angle of attack carefully right to the edge of the envelope - but yikes it just looks wrong and not possible.

It looks computer generated too me

Lots of powerful tire smoke graphics during the landing....

Somebody spent a lot on the CGI...

Expect being able to catch a 787 in flight that way to require tons of money being spent...

That person would want their logo displayed From every angle...

If it is real.... follow the money.... you will see the unedited clips everywhere....   :)

They didn’t do it in secret...

Nice work, Robert...

Tons of benefits to just discussing aviation... this takes the discussion to a higher level...

Best regards,

-a-

On 5/19/2020 at 9:35 PM, aviatoreb said:

Love it!

But has anyone told you that your airplane doesn't seem as big on the inside was it looks on the outside?

It's the reverse Tardis affect.

I'm surprised the Johnson bar can handle the landing gear... Very impressive.

• Like 2

IIRC It was practice for the Farnborough Airshow

The camera angle enhances the effect of the climb

Did anyone notice the Lear at the 8 o'clock position on the takeoff? 

I used to fly some Lear photo missions  You can get real close if done correctly

I can vouch that a 757-200 can go from sea level (LAX) to 12,000' (Loop Departure) in 2 minutes and 56 seconds from

when I pushed the knobs forward (includes T/O roll)   

On 5/20/2020 at 7:10 PM, Hank said:

Because you have the look!

As indicated by his “pilot attitude indicator”, it tells you how cool/grumpy your look :D

on makings

Edited by Ibra
  • Like 2

Another on B787 video making (sorry French but it has English subtitles), the filming was done by TBM with stabilised camera (TBM is nothing else than Mooney 301 built by Socata & Mooney while leveraging on TB20 & Mooney 201 & M22 designs, hence TB&M)

The film maker is the guy who did Breitlings & P51 commercials 

https://www.airbornefilms.com/behind-the-scenes