Window Sealant

201Steve

I did a wet wash on Saturday and just for fun, I shoved my finger into the sidewall at the floor/ base of the rear seat to check for moisture and there was some. The sealant on the outside of my windows is looking like it's seen better days. What are you guys using for sealant on the outside of windows/windshield?

2 hours ago, MB65E said:

Prc 1425 b 1/2 is black and I use it on windows. It is not fuel tank sealant. 
-Matt

A quick search looks like it only comes in black. Have you heard of the same in white? Also, would you say one tube is enough for all windows and windshield?

Be sure and tape off everywhere you don't want the sealant.   Let slightly set before dipping your finger in dishwashing liquid to smooth our the joint.    Pull tapes prior to full set so you can clean up any misses.  After full cure wash with water to remove all remaining dishwashing liquid.    This makes a very nice looking smooth sealed joint.

• Like 3

Read what old chub is saying closely... the description is spot-on for making a nice finish... the soap is a lubricant...

Also works well with silicone around the bathtub... and sealing walls in a pharma clean room environment...  :)

+1 PRC is the right material to use... that is what was put in  there originally...

Or... you might be considering taking the windows out and replacing them.... you will want the PRC remover to do that...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2