GIA 63 to GIA63W swapping Help

I have G1000 with GFC 700 without the WAAS. I  have bought the used GIA63W units along with the new WAAS antennas. Does anybody has any shop that can do this work for me. What kind of software update do I need?  I understand that changing the hardware is the easy part.
Any help or suggestions are appreciated

Edited by kj2016
typos

24 minutes ago, kj2016 said:

I have G1000 with GFC 700 without the WAAS. I  have bought the used GIA63W units along with the new WAAS antennas. Does anybody has any shop that can do this work for me. What kind of software update do I need?  I understand that changing the hardware is the easy part.
Any help or suggestions are appreciated

They have to be the correct model GIA63W - each of the units is specific to the brand of airframe. (Example: If you buy two GIA63W units from a wrecked Cessna 182 they aren't going to work on a Mooney).

Assuming you have the correct units Don Maxwell's son Paul has done some of these and would be a good place to start.

• Like 2

these units came from cirrus and seem to have the correct serial number and I planning to fly to go to Don Maxwell shop this month.  I am based in California and I was hoping may be someone else has the experience since Dallas is long flight. Thanks

28 minutes ago, kj2016 said:

these units came from cirrus and seem to have the correct serial number and I planning to fly to go to Don Maxwell shop this month.  I am based in California and I was hoping may be someone else has the experience since Dallas is long flight. Thanks

Longview, TX (KGGG), which is where they are located, is even farther from CA.

Paul did mine a few years ago, he will know about the correct software and proper sequencing of the conversation. There’s more to the conversion than one would think. We’re both a little over a thousand miles from Longview believe me it’s worth the 5-6 hour flight.