KCFO

Hello everyone.  For the time being it looks like I will be basing my "J" at KCFO.  I will be needing an oil change soon.  Does anyone have a recommendation for where to get it done either here or nearby?  Thanks.

Edited by Pentsuxtube
grammer

23 hours ago, McMooney said:

do it yourself.  Not a true owner until you spill oil all down the firewall

As Clint Eastwood put it, " A man's got to know his limitations."  I am quite happy to pay someone who knows what they are doing.  Now if someone wanted to teach me....  We would probably both go crazy.  Haha.  I'll stick to my skill set.  

If you’re not planning to do any maintenance of your own, you might consider finding a local A&P and put him/her on a monthly retainer.  Besides oil changes, lubrication, maintaining tire pressures, 28 day database updates & etc. there’s always something to do that can fill 3-5 hours a month.   

The value of having an existing relationship with a good A&P will be evident as soon as something on your Mooney breaks.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, philip_g said:

You can pay a little more to get it done right or you can pay less and pay to have it done right again later. Your choice. If their prices were too high they wouldn't be booked solid.

I trust Scott over Maxwell any.day.

They've done some work on my 252 and it was fine. But for my money they're not the caliber of Maxwell or SWTA. So my Mooney will still go to Texas for annuals and anything important.

• Like 1

Front Range Flight School does their own maintenance as well as work for others.  They were very helpful with a quick flat repair for me earlier this year.

Contact Information:
Brian Eaton
Front Range Flight School
720-982-7263

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 7:51 AM, Jerry 5TJ said:

If you’re not planning to do any maintenance of your own, you might consider finding a local A&P and put him/her on a monthly retainer.  Besides oil changes, lubrication, maintaining tire pressures, 28 day database updates & etc. there’s always something to do that can fill 3-5 hours a month.   

The value of having an existing relationship with a good A&P will be evident as soon as something on your Mooney breaks.  

Something did indeed break.  Had an alternator failure about 50 miles from Lubbock.  When I told approach the deal they were kind enough to clear me to land when I was still 15 miles out.  The guys at Lubbock Aero got me going again in a couple hours.  All in all not nearly as much of a pain as it might have been.  Back up plan was bluetooth phone into headset and call tower on the phone.  In fact that worked to check the ATIS while I had all the electronics off.  Anyway a big thank you to ATC and Lubbock Aero.