Electric gear conversion kit - SOLD

4 hours ago, EricJ said:

Save it.   You might want to put it back in later.  ;)

53 years after conversion to electric, converted back to manual. 

Maybe the airplane will be converted back to electric in 2073, but it won't be by me!  Everything must go, cleaning out the hangar sale!

Are there other non electrical parts needed  to complete the conversion?

Do you have a ballpark estimate for how many hours it would take to complete the conversion?

Sorry for all the questions, just interested in how much the whole process would cost if I were to move forward with it. 

Thank you!

37 minutes ago, Piotrekpdx said:

Are there other non electrical parts needed  to complete the conversion?

Do you have a ballpark estimate for how many hours it would take to complete the conversion?

Sorry for all the questions, just interested in how much the whole process would cost if I were to move forward with it. 

Thank you!

Only hardware not included are pushrods, your pushrods will need to be shortened(main)/lengthened(nose) or replaced because the manual gear bellcrank mounts further forward than the electric gear bellcrank does.

Probably 30 hrs, the tough part is where do you stop with the extras once you get started.  I stripped/primed/painted all control and gear linkages.  Super-cleaned and lubed all the rod ends. Removed old wiring that was from avionics shops long ago...

I’d be happy to provide a detailed step by step to complete the conversion.  

• Culver LFA changed the title to Electric gear conversion kit - SOLD