Fuel stick

I made this right after joining MooneySpace, so it's a little more than 7 years old and I use the stick in my tanks probably 20 times a year x 2 tanks = about 280 times.  It still looks like I made it last week.  I used a Lowes paint stick and a standard (free) ball point pen I got from a hotel.

Its very easy to read, and by the time you get to the other tank it's evaporated. 

IMG_2239.jpg

• Like 3

Try this.
FuelStik
Works great.  Need at least 11 gallons in the wing of a J before it starts to float to give an indication.

I have one of these. Best thing I own. The fuel in LBS on the otherside of the tube can be useful as well.

• 7 months later...
On 5/13/2020 at 10:10 PM, RLCarter said:

Shouldn’t the higher numbers at the top of the stic?

No... In this configuration what's wet equals present fuel in the tank.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:10 PM, RLCarter said:

Shouldn’t the higher numbers at the top of the stick

I tried to make a fuel stick when I was installing (and calibrating) my JPI.  I failed miserably.  I was trying to use a paint stir stick as suggested above, but the fuel soaked up all over the stick and I could never tell what level I was supposed to be marking.  Oh well, the JPI is way more accurate than my old Garwin gauges...  I Probably should have installed the digital senders that are available...

• 2 weeks later...