Making new Mite friends at Peachstate today!

Culver LFA

On 5/9/2020 at 11:11 PM, carusoam said:

See if Gus knows him... @Mooneymite

I think I recognize the yellow bird in Gus’ avatar...

If I’m right... I win a memory award... :)

Best regards,

-a-

Yes.  @carusoam You get a memory award, for sure!

That is the 1955 Mite which used to live at Mallards Landing at the same time I owned my Mite.  At that time, it was owned by Dr. Jim Frank; I think he sold it sometime around 06?.  "Somewhere" I have a whole DVD full of pictures of us flying in formation.

I do not know the fellow who owns it now, but it was an excellent Mite restored by one of the best Mite gurus in the country before Jim Frank bought it.

Edited by Mooneymite
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, rbridges said:

Those mites look like a blast to fly.  Can you fly with the canopy slid back?

Yes.  The full open position is draggy, noisy and kinda uncomfortable, but there's a detente on the canopy rails which is about perfect.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Mite has a heater, but the stock heater is kinda weak.  Most owners who need heat have enhanced it by wrapping a screen door spring around the exhaust pipe inside the muff to increase heat transfer.  The screen door spring is generally available at Lowes, or Home Dept's PMA section.

Edited by Mooneymite
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1