Looking for some Mooney flyers in the Central Valley

Hello everyone,

Its getting to that point in life where I am close to purchasing an airplane, and a Mooney is near the top of my list.  I am seeing if there are some people close to Lemoore/Hanford/Visalia/Fresno who have a J or older model that I could look at, ask questions, chat about, and possibly get a ride/time in.  I will pay my fair share, of course, because that is the right thing to do.  We can discuss what a fair share is, but I can make some mean pulled pork.  I will figure out how to setup my profile with all my stuff on it, so you can contact me if able.  Currently, because of this COVID stuff, I am not allowed to go more than 50 miles from my house, so that is the limitation at the moment. 

Stay safe out there.

Matt

Edited by CamaroWoody

I have a 2002 SS that I have had since new.  It pushes out 425+ HP, everything is upgraded with the exception of internal engine work, and I have done all the work myself.  It is my child, my baby, and my wife is not a fan when I say that.  Ive done some auto-x with her, as well as some track days.  I love the Camaro line, my first car was a Camaro, which I pushed many many miles.  My project once I retire is to restomod a first gen Camaro, take it down to the frame, then build it back up from there.  Ive debated starting to build the motor soon, but storing it is a challenge.   Do you by chance have a Camaro in the stable?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CamaroWoody said:

I have a 2002 SS that I have had since new.  It pushes out 425+ HP, everything is upgraded with the exception of internal engine work, and I have done all the work myself.  It is my child, my baby, and my wife is not a fan when I say that.  Ive done some auto-x with her, as well as some track days.  I love the Camaro line, my first car was a Camaro, which I pushed many many miles.  My project once I retire is to restomod a first gen Camaro, take it down to the frame, then build it back up from there.  Ive debated starting to build the motor soon, but storing it is a challenge.   Do you by chance have a Camaro in the stable?

I have a pair of 90s LT-1s.... one was a daily driver...

The Mooney was the source of avoiding speed limit issues.... :)

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

I think there’s an E,  a C, an R, and a couple of J models at KSMX. Pretty sure one of them’s got a sweet 1LE SS that’s done a few laps at Buttonwillow and Willow Springs. It might have some Z/28 goodies and engine mods. 

21 minutes ago, MooneyMike said:

I think there’s an E,  a C, an R, and a couple of J models at KSMX. Pretty sure one of them’s got a sweet 1LE SS that’s done a few laps at Buttonwillow and Willow Springs. It might have some Z/28 goodies and engine mods. 

Photos please!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, oldguyscanfly

i also am looking at purchasing a Mooney E model as well in the near future, I live in Visalia would be willing to share expense with camarowoody to hitch a ride in your Mooney, also would like to see how the fit would be for my wife and I , I sold my Thorp T-18 experimental last year and we’re looking for something with more cabin space, look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.... Ira

Edited by Irapilot
Added a word

Welcome aboard Ira!

Somebody named Bob set a new bar for M20Es....

Great performance, Great looks, great plane....

The opportunities are endless when your plane reaches forever-plane status...

You are definitely coming in with a different perspective...

Take a look at Bob’s M20E for ideas...

He also has a picture of four people in his plane with great big smiles...

Enjoy the hunt!

Best regards,

-a-

On 5/8/2020 at 5:32 PM, CamaroWoody said:

Hello everyone,

Its getting to that point in life where I am close to purchasing an airplane, and a Mooney is near the top of my list.  I am seeing if there are some people close to Lemoore/Hanford/Visalia/Fresno who have a J or older model that I could look at, ask questions, chat about, and possibly get a ride/time in.  I will pay my fair share, of course, because that is the right thing to do.  We can discuss what a fair share is, but I can make some mean pulled pork.  I will figure out how to setup my profile with all my stuff on it, so you can contact me if able.  Currently, because of this COVID stuff, I am not allowed to go more than 50 miles from my house, so that is the limitation at the moment. 

Stay safe out there.

Matt

@gsxrpilot has a cool map showing where a lot of Mooney pilots are located. Look for it on this Forum and more than likely, you will have an answer. 

Welcome aboard. 

11 hours ago, Irapilot said:

Hello, oldguyscanfly

i also am looking at purchasing a Mooney E model as well in the near future, I live in Visalia would be willing to share expense with camarowoody to hitch a ride in your Mooney, also would like to see how the fit would be for my wife and I , I sold my Thorp T-18 experimental last year and we’re looking for something with more cabin space, look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.... Ira

Search for a Location map here on the site. It has most locations of our forum members. @gsxrpilotcan help with your search. 

Sorry Paul. Tagging you a lot today. :)

• Like 1