50% increase in insurance over last year

ELT

14 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

Not for Mooneys unfortunately.  This report from an earlier thread shows Mooneys as ranking 5th out of 33 just for gear-up landings.  When - and if - you add other accident and incident data to this as an aggregate, I'm sure Mooney rises on  the list...sadly-enough.  These are some of the main reasons we're all suffering with higher rates.

https://www.asias.faa.gov/apex/f?p=100:93:::NO:::

Steve

This list is not just gear up landings.   Also it is accidents and incidents.  And it says nothing about whether there was an insurance claim.

I have Global and it went from $1279 to $2355.  I have an additional named insured who is very experienced but 77yrs old.

Do most people have only one named insured?  

3 hours ago, skykrawler said:

Do most people have only one named insured?  

Named Insured should be the aircraft owner (insurable interest).

Additional Insured for CFIs wanting that protection, Airport authorities, Savvy Maintenance, etc.

Named Pilots for anyone regularly using your airplane and who might want a waiver of subrogation (some companies provide it, some you have to request it)

Good talking to you today!

Just now, Parker_Woodruff said:

Named Insured should be the aircraft owner (insurable interest).

Additional Insured for CFIs wanting that protection, Airport authorities, Savvy Maintenance, etc.

Named Pilots for anyone regularly using your airplane and who might want a waiver of subrogation (some companies provide it, some you have to request it)

Good talking to you today!

^ This guy save me 10% or more on my plane insurance.

• Haha 1