Denver98

1982 M20K 231 Make an Offer

Recommended Posts

We have a very nice 231 that needs a new home.  Make an offer!  Asking $125,500.

Total Airframe Time: 3,107 Hrs
 
Engine: Continental TSIO-360-LB1B
SMOH: 217 Hrs
Upgraded 3 blad prop
 
Garmin GNS 430
Garmin GTX 330
KCS55A
EDM 700
KFC200 A/P
 
Interior Color: White & Grey
Condition Rated: 6 out of 10
Note: Original Interior 
 
Paint Color: White, Black & Grey
Condition Rated: 6 out of 10
Note: Original Paint
 
Please bring all questions and offers to me.  Call or Text 720-839-7652
 
-Scott
 

B1C29796-7552-487D-A77F-9CDD50C1F27D.jpeg

AE8F436F-2C4F-4417-B502-9924F4280C3D.jpeg

8F1A5D38-CD8A-40EB-9621-55641191C977.jpeg

EDB2291D-A61A-488E-BB6D-B878019132A0.jpeg

6B1A885D-50BA-4369-B879-066983F8DD35.jpeg

D182F3F6-BD60-4000-9502-19974BF39867.jpeg

2DCE347C-9B39-436B-913C-9CA143E6DF41.jpeg

CDA10CC7-E2D9-42B4-B2FD-C9F2F33B4835.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

13 minutes ago, Gagarin said:

Headrest on the passenger seat but not on the pilot seat.

Not my listing but if you're interested I can find out of the headrest is missing or just not pictured because its stored in the owners hangar.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

It's got the removable back seats. Nice.

How can you tell by those pictures they are removable? What is the clue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mcstealth said:

How can you tell by those pictures they are removable? What is the clue?

Two things... first they are buckets. The buckets are removable, the early K's have a bench seat that isn't removable. Second, you can see the seat cushions do not overhang the spar. The removable seats have seat cushions that sit in depressions behind the spar. The non-removable seats overhang or come right to the edge of the spar.

954228994_ScreenShot2020-05-08at4_53_33PM.png.d21dae79f790651716880654388194b1.png

2079068969_ScreenShot2020-05-08at4_53_11PM.png.c7a77534de5d24537b73cee910c6dc3e.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a friend of mine's airplane a few years ago. I've flown in it a number of times and it is nice.

Edited by KLRDMD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gsxrpilot said:

Two things... first they are buckets. The buckets are removable, the early K's have a bench seat that isn't removable. Second, you can see the seat cushions do not overhang the spar. The removable seats have seat cushions that sit in depressions behind the spar. The non-removable seats overhang or come right to the edge of the spar.

954228994_ScreenShot2020-05-08at4_53_33PM.png.d21dae79f790651716880654388194b1.png

2079068969_ScreenShot2020-05-08at4_53_11PM.png.c7a77534de5d24537b73cee910c6dc3e.png

Are all bench rear seats not removable in all Mooney world?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey David,

The back seat of the earlier Mooneys is generally an aluminum box built behind the spar...

The seat cushions are held in place with a fabric piece that runs down the front of the spar... held in place by an aluminum rod held to the floor...

The bench seat back is back is bolted in place....  some people have gone with an update that allows folding the bench seat back forwards...

Folding seats makes the back like a station wagon.... lots of room for your weekend gear... :)

With the independent bucket seats... you may have room for three skiers..... or snow boarders...

PP thoughts only, getting ready for the return of the snow season...

Best regards,

-a-

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mcstealth said:

Are all bench rear seats not removable in all Mooney world?

I'm sure everything is removable... with the proper tools ;)

It's just that these particular bucket seats in certain year models are designed to be easily removed without any tools. I have these bucket seats in my Mooney. It takes me about 60 sec per seat to install them and half that time to remove them. You can have one or both seats installed as you need. When the seat or seats are removed, the frame of the seat back, folds into the floor leaving a perfectly level flat carpeted floor from the front edge of the spar to the back of the baggage area.

For those of us who use Mooneys mainly for two people, these back seats are super convenient. It makes it easy to carry luggage, larger items, dogs, dog crates, etc. Also the seats are 13 lbs each so removing them is almost another 5 gal of fuel. 

I almost never have the back seats installed in my Mooney. They live on a shelf in the hangar. But if I need one, or both. It takes two minutes to install them. Now that I have a Mooney with these seats, I would hate to be without them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Also the seats are 13 lbs each so removing them is almost another 5 gal of fuel  

Well, 4 1/3 Gallons anyways. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 9:17 PM, gsxrpilot said:

I'm sure everything is removable... with the proper tools ;)

It's just that these particular bucket seats in certain year models are designed to be easily removed without any tools. I have these bucket seats in my Mooney. It takes me about 60 sec per seat to install them and half that time to remove them. You can have one or both seats installed as you need. When the seat or seats are removed, the frame of the seat back, folds into the floor leaving a perfectly level flat carpeted floor from the front edge of the spar to the back of the baggage area.

For those of us who use Mooneys mainly for two people, these back seats are super convenient. It makes it easy to carry luggage, larger items, dogs, dog crates, etc. Also the seats are 13 lbs each so removing them is almost another 5 gal of fuel. 

I almost never have the back seats installed in my Mooney. They live on a shelf in the hangar. But if I need one, or both. It takes two minutes to install them. Now that I have a Mooney with these seats, I would hate to be without them.

To the best of my recollection the split / bucket / removable seats started in the fall of 1983, about the same time as the one piece belly skin came about.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 6:46 PM, Frank B. said:

To the best of my recollection the split / bucket / removable seats started in the fall of 1983, about the same time as the one piece belly skin came about.

 

 

1982 Models. Both the 201 and 231. So it would have been the fall of 1981. Highly sought after feature in the models.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 11:04 AM, Gagarin said:

Headrest on the passenger seat but not on the pilot seat.

The right seat is articulating, which tells me it was probably bought at a later time and that the newer frame had a headrest. Or not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 2:14 PM, flyboy0681 said:

The right seat is articulating, which tells me it was probably bought at a later time and that the newer frame had a headrest. Or not.

I'm sure @jgarrison could confirm, or correct, your theory. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen a fair number of '82 models that had articulating pilot seats. But pretty sure I have seen quite a few with the co-pilot seat also so I have to assume that you could get the co-pilot seat articulating also as original equipment. They became more common to have both articulating in 83-84 and by 85 pretty much all of them are articulating. My guess is the articulating seat was a hefty difference in price from Mooney and because of that a lot of people only opted for the pilot to articulate. But that is just a guess

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jgarrison said:

I have seen a fair number of '82 models that had articulating pilot seats. But pretty sure I have seen quite a few with the co-pilot seat also so I have to assume that you could get the co-pilot seat articulating also as original equipment. They became more common to have both articulating in 83-84 and by 85 pretty much all of them are articulating. My guess is the articulating seat was a hefty difference in price from Mooney and because of that a lot of people only opted for the pilot to articulate. But that is just a guess

I seem to recall somebody here posting a sales invoice for a brand new J model from that era and the articulating seat was a $1,500 option. I guess back in the early 80's $1,500 was a lot of money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.