How do you know you married the right woman?

My wife is interviewing for a job at an aviation company. Last night on a sunset hike in the mountains, she was quizzing me about aircraft and engine naming conventions!

https://marshaviation.com/

If she gets it, I will have to hang out with her at work a lot more....

She will make that company the top in its field! 

• Like 6

My wife cares about me so much she even  watches over me while I sleep.  Just the other night I woke up in the middle of the night and she was about to place one of pillows over my face . I asked what she was doing when she said “ I thought covering your face with a pillow would protect you from that Chinese virus “

how about that?

• Haha 6

Back in the day...

She let me refinance our paid-off Astrovan to buy a Cherokee 160 for $7,500 (there was an M20E in the same paper for $16,500, but I knew I wouldn’t have been able to care for her like she would require).  

Later, she complained about making “airplane payments” and I had to come clean and tell her that if we didn’t make this payment, they would come get her car.  Now a days, she really likes the Mooney. She let’s me spend about whatever I need (want), and knows where I am when I’m not at home.  Of course, I let her reciprocate with her spending, within reasonable constraints... so far.

tom

• Like 1

Good indications from all of you...good relationships, indeed!  My wife fully supported buying our '66 E last year and she's a very participatory passenger.  In fact, she's more than just a passenger - she's watching our progress on her iPad, she leapfrogs from nearest airport to nearest airport getting ATIS/AWOS info, she looks up and dials in destination airport freqs, and she helps with traffic watch.  I'm very lucky, too...  and no pillows so far @Air pirate

• Like 3

Mrs Brown 1.0 was not the right one. 

Mrs Brown 2.0 is the best thing that ever happened to me and my kids. About six years into the marriage she made it even better. She suggested that since I've always dreamed of flying I should get my license and buy a plane so I could fly her to see the grandkids. I started lessons immediately. That was almost four years ago. I still think she's the best thing to happen to me and my kids. 

• Like 10

I know I married the right wife. In the middle of the Corona crisis, she wants to make our garden more beautiful and works really hard, is digging a big hole and prepares to plant a new tree.. She just hasn't told me yet what kind of tree....

signal-attachment-2020-03-30-214753.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Fry said:

I know I married the right wife. In the middle of the Corona crisis, she wants to make our garden more beautiful and works really hard, is digging a big hole and prepares to plant a new tree.. She just hasn't told me yet what kind of tree....

signal-attachment-2020-03-30-214753.jpg

I totally stole that for a family text.  We’ve been doing a ton of cleanup outside and my wife has been amazing at helping cut brush and stacking and loading it up to haul to the back of the property for disposal. 

My wife's and my first kiss was after her first flight in my F model Mooney. Later, after an accident in a Mooney while I was recovering in a level 1 trauma center in ICU, she arranged to marry me so she could stay with me instead of leaving her job after her vacation and sick time ran out. She has tirelessly volunteered to administer the Bill Gilliland foundation for downed Mooney pilots, consul and comfort widows and to help in all kinds of ways with the Mooney Summit. Alice, I love you sweetie!

FB_IMG_1548005403854.jpg

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

My wife's and my first kiss was after her first flight in my F model Mooney. Later, after an accident in a Mooney while I was recovering in a level 1 trauma center in ICU, she arranged to marry me so she could stay with me instead of leaving her job after her vacation and sick time ran out. She has tirelessly volunteered to administer the Bill Gilliland foundation for downed Mooney pilots, consul and comfort widows and to help in all kinds of ways with the Mooney Summit. Alice, I love you sweetie!

FB_IMG_1548005403854.jpg

Indeed Mike you are a lucky man

• Like 1

signal-attachment-2020-03-30-214753.thumb.jpg.13e9ba989b5959697fa84e11591eca9d.jpg

Here’s a clue.

0bb4c1e046fca62a06bc2b0b50c78052.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Danb said:
Indeed Mike you are a lucky man

Yessir! Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, look over and see her, then I just high five myself and go back to sleep smiling....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mike and Alice are certainly an inspiration! I knew I hadn't made a mistake when my wife supported my weekend flight lessons while going to grad school at night. Then she was in favor of buying a plane, but left the decisions to me. When I actually handed over the check for the plane, she was with me and her first question was, "Now that it's ours, when can I see the plane?"

• Like 4

Seriously, my wife doesn't really like to fly, but nevertheless flies with me because she likes going places. So she enthusiastically selects places to go, and she fully supported me buying a Mooney. She also acknowledges that it is a beautiful airplane. In return, I am trying to always make a trip a nice and smooth flight and an overall enjoyable experience. By the way, no funny flying, no stalls or steep turns or the like, the more boring the better with a non-pilot wife.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hank said:

Mike and Alice are certainly an inspiration! I knew I hadn't made a mistake when my wife supported my weekend flight lessons while going to grad school at night. Then she was in favor of buying a plane, but left the decisions to me. When I actually handed over the check for the plane, she was with me and her first question was, "Now that it's ours, when can I see the plane?"

I think my wife would want to see the full expected annual budget for 5 years, know what the engine, airframe, and avionics reserves are, and precise insurance rates will be.  I married an auditor, but she’s amazing. 

Who the heck else would put up with my dogs gambling golfing flying, it will be 50 years I tortured the poor girl next month, that’s how you know you married the correct woman

• Like 1

I was in love with Mooney in my early twenties when I first got my PP. Unfortunately/fortunately life happened; wife (#1), two kids, 28 years in USAF, did not allow anything other than drooling. Fast forward wife (#2) sees me drooling over pics of Mooney, reading MS, and talking about a home built. One day she says “why don’t you just buy a Mooney and get it over with”. I think she was trying to give me a heart attack, almost succeed. Going on three years now, best decision she ever made for me.

• Like 7