Flight Schools and ADSB IN

I am currently flying out of KDVT in Phoenix which is very busy with flight school traffic.   My last flight departed runway 25 with a turn to the North West under the Class B shelf. Traffic in the area was busy as it normally is but I was somewhat comfortable with knowing that most all the traffic could be visually spotted with the assistance of my ADSB in. I was passing about 1500 feet below and between two slower aircraft headed in my general direction with a good visual on both. When I was about a mile from the aircraft on my left he made an abrupt 270 degree descending turn directly towards me causing a rapid closure rate. Fortunately we missed but it was way to close of a call for my comfort.  I am not sure he ever saw me given he was descending and I was below him.  I did get his N number from my ADSB in data and looked it up to see it belonged to one of the two big flight schools here at KDVT.  I called the school and talked to the head flight instructor.  I was curious why this student did not do a clearing turn and why he did not see me on his ADSB in?  I was surprised at his response that “not all our aircraft have ADSB in”.  I said as inexpensive as these systems are it would make sense for training aircraft doing maneuvers under the class B shelf to have these.  It was only a couple of years ago that they had two training aircraft collide just north of KDVT.   My phone call may or may not have had any beneficial effect. Any thoughts or advice? 

• Like 3