JPI Data Port Part Number

15 hours ago, Matt Ward said:

Does anyone know a part number or how to get a replacement for the data port that goes with the EDM 700, shown here? I can’t find it in any JPI documentation I have. Thanks!

6C448FFA-DA28-4C5D-B79A-44F453C67516.jpeg

18549759-212B-463D-B574-EC8EC0351F55.jpeg

What makes you think it's the data port (It and the connections look fine) and not the connection at the JPI?

@LANCECASPER I guess I don't really know - I'm just trying to troubleshoot it.  I've tried a mix of connections (USB to Serial adapter, USB magic box from JPI, two laptops) and no luck.  I put a multimeter on the plug and while I got +-7V, it was finicky.  I had to put the probe in just the right spot.  I am going to try some contact cleaner but the data port was just the next item on my list.  

You probably already have the instructions, but I'll say this unless you follow the instructions exactly it doesn't work. I thought mine wasn't working properly but it was me.

Here's a couple links just in case:

https://www.jpinstruments.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ReadMeBeforeDownload3.pdf

https://www.jpinstruments.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/PG-EDM-800-Rev-X-pls-110817.pdf

If all that doesn't work I would call JPI Tech Support on your cell sitting in the airplane.

I get that "COVID" but come on, tech support is definitely something that can be done remotely and online; even shipping parts can be done safely...

To answer the question, it looks very much like a power receptacle - perhaps measure precisely and try to narrow it down in the Mouser catalog.

• Like 1

I actually ended up getting it to work.  I ended up putting some contact cleaner on it but I'm not sure that matter. Deep in the settings there is a page called RCRD. Mine was set to N.  When I set it to Y, the DUMP menu appeared.

• Like 3