Landing light pulse

PTK

I have always wanted to pulse the landing light and finally found some time to finish this little project. Pulse is a totally separate circuit on its own cb switch. Independent of landing light and strobes. The wingtips are Orion 650E ACL/nav lights. 

• Like 5

Works on new iPad mini but not on my older one. I understand it gets the attention of other aircraft but how is it for landing behind? Seems like it would screw with your depth perception 

46 minutes ago, RLCarter said:

Works on new iPad mini but not on my older one. I understand it gets the attention of other aircraft but how is it for landing behind? Seems like it would screw with your depth perception 

I’m not understanding, what do you mean?

1 hour ago, RLCarter said:

57 minutes ago, PTK said:

Assuming you can switch off the pulse so that it is just on steady for ground ops, take off, and landing? What kind of switch do you have it wired to?

57 minutes ago, PTK said:

It was a 2 part comment, Videos work on my newer IPad but not on my older one

part 2 was a question on how the flashing landing light affects your landings

2 hours ago, Skates97 said:

Assuming you can switch off the pulse so that it is just on steady for ground ops, take off, and landing? What kind of switch do you have it wired to?

I wired the pulse on its own cb switch for flexibility. So it operates independently from the landing light and of course from the strobes and navs. Switching ldg lite on overrides the pulse circuit and goes to steady on. I was going to tie it into with the strobe but I had an spare ldg lite cb switch so used that instead. 

cool. What parts did you use to make it do that?  Looks like you have the landing light alternately pulsing with the recognition lights? I've been thinking of doing the same so I'm very interested in "how" and "with what stuff".

Oh wait....the AeroLed PAR 36 has its own wig wag circuit...maybe you  used one of those?

5 hours ago, PJClark said:

cool. What parts did you use to make it do that?  Looks like you have the landing light alternately pulsing with the recognition lights? I've been thinking of doing the same so I'm very interested in "how" and "with what stuff".

Oh wait....the AeroLed PAR 36 has its own wig wag circuit...maybe you  used one of those?

I had picked up a nice Precise Flight Pulselite on ebay for 50$! for this purpose. I researched the Aeroleds and found them too expensive for what they are. The landing light is the Aero-Lites fusion par 46.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...