IFR Rating Finish-up

Any CFIIs want to do some IFR flying this Summer? It would be nice to be able to finish up the rating this year. I've been able to work from my home office during the ongoing CV-19 debacle but I can't see myself staying in my home office indefinitely.

Everyone was booked up for intensive training last Summer. However, I was able to log several under the hood with a local instructor (great guy b.t.w.). That said, we worked the time in where we could so the hours were relatively spread out.

I'd like to schedule some time off this Summer to finish the rating. It would also be good to get some time in actual conditions. Thoughts?

Late last week I spoke with Matt of GATTS, which was pretty highly recommended on another thread here on MS. I'm also considering doing a finish up of my instrument rating and will probably just attend one of the accelerated courses to do that. Right now they are booking in late September, but they did have an opening then.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ross Taylor said:

Late last week I spoke with Matt of GATTS, which was pretty highly recommended on another thread here on MS. I'm also considering doing a finish up of my instrument rating and will probably just attend one of the accelerated courses to do that. Right now they are booking in late September, but they did have an opening then.

I spoke with GATTS a few weeks back and they were concerned about the CV-19 debacle at the time. To be fair, I imagine everyone was/is concerned with that though.

This is a time to get on the schedule...

If you have to wait because of C19... that is one thing...

But, if we have better testing available, or other methods of avoiding C19 over time... the timing could work out better too....

Pp thoughts only,...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RLCarter said:

might want to add your location or if your willing to travel to them?

Thanks for pointing out my omission. It would be helpful to know where I normally fly out of.

I'm currently flying out of 1I9 and make several trips per year to the South East (TN, FL, etc...). I certainly don't mind traveling to make things happen.