S-tec questions

So I am looking at a few different Mooneys to step into should we get our Cherokee sold and found one with a S-tec 40 and was curious as to how difficult it is to install the pitch servo to get the second axis?  I know the head would have to be upgraded to the 50 configuration or replaced with a 55x or 3100 unit as well. Just trying to weigh my options. If someone has pics of the pitch servo installed on a short or mid body or even the installation manual/data for any of the 2 axis units in a Mooney that I could scout through that’d be greatly appreciated. 

So I am looking at a few different Mooneys to step into should we get our Cherokee sold and found one with a S-tec 40 and was curious as to how difficult it is to install the pitch servo to get the second axis?  I know the head would have to be upgraded to the 50 configuration or replaced with a 55x or 3100 unit as well. Just trying to weigh my options. If someone has pics of the pitch servo installed on a short or mid body or even the installation manual/data for any of the 2 axis units in a Mooney that I could scout through that’d be greatly appreciated. 

Hi there
I upgraded my Stec30 to a stec55x on my M20C. I don’t know about the 3100, but the upgrade to a 55x is modular and not very hard to do.

Best

Oscar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@Oscar Avalle, I imagine the change to the control head is pretty straightforward. The difference between the units is the 40 series is a single axis whereas your 30 and the 50 series are two axis so for the upgrade I’d have to add the pitch servo, bracket, wiring and any other hardware to get up to your level. 

I think the 3100 failed to garner enough pre-orders to have Mooneys included in their AML. I received an email a few days ago pushing the 3100 and its available discounts, but the listed aircraft approved for installation did not have a single Mooney in it.

Anyone have any better info?

• Sad 1