landed MCO today

Jim Peace

Kalitta Air can hold short and burn gas.  They are well know for being the worst of the worst air cargo, perhaps worst of all 121/131 jet airlines, on the planet.    Looks like they had a good time flying into MCO.  :) 

11 hours ago, Denver98 said:

Kalitta Air can hold short and burn gas.  They are well know for being the worst of the worst air cargo, perhaps worst of all 121/131 jet airlines, on the planet.    Looks like they had a good time flying into MCO.  :) 

I used to fly for Atlas and they were not much better.....

Its funny my plane was built before any 747 was built and will be flying way after the last 747 is built.....

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 10:22 PM, Jim Peace said:

well my plane did but a friend of mine flew it being I am held captive in NJ...a 747-400 held short burning tons of gas for them to arrive...

You have a nice panel...

Being based at KPAE (home of all Boeing's wide bodies), it is not unusual to have one of test airplanes waiting for you to land when on final for long runways. Granted, 747-8s are somewhat rare sight (built rate is 6 per year) but you can see these LCFs quite often bringing sections of 787. 

Picture was taken when I was holding short in my car.

IMG_5403.thumb.jpg.fc3f1386661542e38f3e0b499b2e5e3b.jpg

And then, now and then

On occasion we have Volga-Dnepr An-124 bringing oversize cargo to the plant... Sometimes they would just park on Taxiway Alpha but not anymore since we have commercial service.

IMG_4675.thumb.JPG.22b0443592fc8441c1ec24492fe9fe2d.JPG

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

does the sun ever come out up there?

Contrary to popular belief, it does. ;)

Actually we had unusual spell of three weeks of sun until week ago. Normally?  Well, let's just say I never had a problem of staying IFR current around here... :D