M20K transition

Andrew,

On the list provided by Shawn, is An excellent CFII in that area to consider... Paul @kortopates...

Paul drives an M20K...

Is a Mooney CFII...

And really knows Turbo Engine Ops...

He also has his home drome in the San Diego area... which isn’t that far away by Mooney...

You can send a PM to Paul or invite him to contact you here...

PP thoughts only, not a CFI...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks to Shawn for stepping up with Mooney CFI page from the MooneyFlyer!

:)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 5:34 PM, Andrewmx2955 said:

Hi everyone, last year I bought an M20K and started overhauling everything on it, this week it's finally done!!! Does anyone know an instructor in the LA area that I can get a high performance endorsement from and do this transition with? 

This doesn't happen to be the red white and blue 231 Mooney at Bill's Air Center does it?

22 minutes ago, R-Banger said:

This doesn't happen to be the red white and blue 231 Mooney at Bill's Air Center does it?

R-Banger, yeah, it is that Mooney, are you at KSMO? I've been flying it for about a week with a pretty good instructor I know, and I'm almost done with the transition, but I still plan on flying it with a couple other people to get all the different perspectives on this plane. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't already you should reach out to Mike Jesch. 

He is in the LA area and he also helped me with my transition training into my My 67 M20F.

He is here in the LA area.  He is highly regarded and has worked with alot of Mooney pilots.  Email me at Michael@WestCoastMooneyClub.com if you need his contact information.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:31 AM, R-Banger said:

If you haven't already you should reach out to Mike Jesch. 

He is in the LA area and he also helped me with my transition training into my My 67 M20F.

He is here in the LA area.  He is highly regarded and has worked with alot of Mooney pilots.  Email me at Michael@WestCoastMooneyClub.com if you need his contact information.