Peach State Aerodrome

Hey everyone! 

I wanted to reach out and touch base to see if there would be any interest in having a fly-in for your members at the Peach State Aerodrome (GA2) in Williamson, GA. We are located only 45 minutes south of Atlanta on a 3,000ft grass-strip with an amazing restaurant, self-serve fuel, an airpark, youth aviation program, restoration shop, hangars for lease and much more. 

Here is a link to our airport as well as our on-site restaurant: https://www.peachstateaero.com/

I know this is a difficult time for all of us, but I think all of us are itching to fly! Maybe we could plan an event for the fall if y'all are interested! 

Please let me know what questions you have or if I can be of assistance.

Stay safe and blue skies, 

Cayla McLeod
Marketing Manager 
Peach State Aerodrome 
678-590-7677
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone,

I'm an new Mooney M20C owner and was wondering if there was anything specific to be concerned about landing at Peach State (GA2)?  I've never landed a Mooney on a soft field.

Thanks!

MG

Peach State is easy to fly in and out of, but 3,000' with trees at both ends dictates speed control and dry grass.  Use a SW downwind for both 13 and 31.  There is a hump about 700' down 31.  When the wind doesn't dictate otherwise, it seems most folk prefer to land on 13, rolling toward the restaurant and departing 31 from atop the hump.  The runway is somewhat bumpy, but it's greatly improved from "the old days".

There are no strangers at Barnstormers Grill.  Everyone there loves aviation.  The web site has all the details.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mooneymite said:

Peach State is easy to fly in and out of, but 3,000' with trees at both ends dictates speed control and dry grass.  Use a SW downwind for both 13 and 31.  There is a hump about 700' down 31.  When the wind doesn't dictate otherwise, it seems most folk prefer to land on 13, rolling toward the restaurant and departing 31 from atop the hump.  The runway is somewhat bumpy, but it's greatly improved from "the old days".

There are no strangers at Barnstormers Grill.  Everyone there loves aviation.  The web site has all the details.

Thanks for the info.  I've been wanting to go for some time now but like I said, I'm an new Mooney owner and didn't know if it was going to be an issue with the lower prop clearance and all.

MG

MG,

Have you measured you prop clearance?

If you have a problem with the clearance, it means you fell in a really deep hole...

It has happened at least twice to MSers while taxiing... once on pavement, the other time going from pavement to grass...

Definitely not normal or acceptable to any plane, not just Mooneys... except for planes with giant Bush wheel tires... :)

PP thoughts only, not a CFI...

best regards,

-a-

4 hours ago, ManGar said:

Thanks for the info.  I've been wanting to go for some time now but like I said, I'm an new Mooney owner and didn't know if it was going to be an issue with the lower prop clearance and all.

MG

There is a Mooney Mite based there, I think your C will be ok with prop clearance.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.