'66 20E $110,000

Bob_Belville

Serious inquiries only, please. Email: rcbelville@yahoo.com $110,000 (Jimmy Garrison's Mooney value calculator over $140,00.) 

N943RW, 1966 M20E, serial 929
~3330 TTAF
~ 780 SMOH Triad

Fresh annual 4/20 by AGL - MSC. (AGL has done all annuals since I acquired the plane in 2012.)

Blackstone oil analysis every oil change. Savvy account, all flights available.

Equipment, all working fine.
  • Auto pilot - STEC 50 w Alt Hld
  • Top Prop - Hartzell Scimitar - new 2014
  • Stormscope - WX-900
  • 201 windshield
  • 201 panel/glareshield
  • One Piece Belly (Aero Mod Inc w runners)
  • O&N Bladders - expanded to 64 gallons Dec 2017 
  • speed brakes
  • Other mods: 1)  Oil cooler relocated  2)  Mooney 201 Spinner & spinner bulkhead assys 3) Dorsal Fin Fairing 4)  Tail Root Fairing Horizontal 5)  Wheel well liner covers 6)  Wing Root Leading Edge Fairing 7)  Relocated Cleveland wheel brake assys 8)  Hinge cover on Aileron, Elevator, & Rudder assy 9)  Aileron lower gap seals 10)  Flap gap seals

since 2/2012: by Belville
  • Aspen PFD 1000 SV, AOA, ADS-B
  •      Aspen PFD 1000 to MAX
  • GPS - GTN 750
  • FS 510
  • JPI 930
  • GDL 88  - ADS-B in & out -traffic, weather
  • GPS 696
  • GMA 340
  • GTX 327
  • CYA100 AOA
  • New 3/16" solar grey windows all around w door vent window
  • Powerflow Systems Exhaust
  • Fine wire plugs - Tempest
  • leather interior
  • add 10 gallons bladders  (total 64 gallons)
  • CiES digital fuel level sensors
  • SabreCowl
  • Imron 5 color strip, paint by Hawk, including Scheme Designers 2018
  • Surefly Electronic Ignition

• New control cables - Mixture, Prop, Throttle 2015
  • New starter 2018
  • New landing gear down lock block 2016
  • New Fuel Injection Servo 2017
  • Corncorde RG 35 AXC Battery 2015

IMG_20190401_145214817_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190929_143413932_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190222_151833793.jpg

IMG_20190222_151709364.jpg

• Like 3

for those of you have heeded my advice to "prebuy" the owner as much as the plane, you wont need to spend but a minute on this owner and not much more on the plane. This plane wont last long....Bob, your not going over to the "dark" side are you?

• Like 7

for those of you have heeded my advice to "prebuy" the owner as much as the plane, you wont need to spend but a minute on this owner and not much more on the plane. This plane wont last long....Bob, your not going over to the "dark" side are you?

Totally agree. It’s doubtful you will ever find a nicer one than this. You can be comfortable buying this one sight unseen - write the man a check and go pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

I can't believe this hasn't sold already! And at $110K it's a bargain!

This has got to be the best turn-key M20E in the world.

Regularly flying - Just check FlightAware, this plane is always going places.

Service - She's enjoyed some of the best Mooney specific, care and pampering anywhere in the country, for years by Lynn at AGL.

Kept current - Just take a look at that panel.

Paint and Interior - When you have to hang a "Do not touch" sign on the prop at Oshkosh... there's nothing more to say.

This one needs nothing at all. In fact, it's probably sitting in the hangar right now with those bladder lined extended tanks, full of fuel, ready to fly.

If I didn't own a 252 already...

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I can't believe this hasn't sold already! And at $110K it's a bargain!

This has got to be the best turn-key M20E in the world.

Regularly flying - Just check FlightAware, this plane is always going places.

Service - She's enjoyed some of the best Mooney specific, care and pampering anywhere in the country, for years by Lynn at AGL.

Kept current - Just take a look at that panel.

Paint and Interior - When you have to hang a "Do not touch" sign on the prop at Oshkosh... there's nothing more to say.

This one needs nothing at all. In fact, it's probably sitting in the hangar right now with those bladder lined extended tanks, full of fuel, ready to fly.

If I didn't own a 252 already...

In short this was Bob’s forever plane and it would be very high on my list if looking for an E. 

23 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

My over-under is this will be sold by May 1.

p.s. I would post picture(s) of the interior.

I can't imagine it will last very long.  I have seen this airplane in person when I picked mine up from AGL and it looks like it is brand new.  

• Like 3

If I had the casherooney I'd spring on this in a heartbeat.  Nicest Echo flying anywhere.  Boy, I hope you're OK Bob.  I can't imagine what would make you part with such a beautiful ship. I only lament I won't be the one to take it off your hands.

• Like 1

Surprised to see this for sale.  Undoubtedly the finest E model in the world. I‘M sure it will go to a good home. I hope you’re well Bob. Whatever your reasons for selling, I’m sure it was not an easy decision. I hope you take some comfort from the fact that you’ve created the benchmark by which all other E models should be judged.

• Like 4

I'm curious Bob, I know this plane is worth $110k easy, but does the insurance company agree on the hull value?  I had a hard time getting my insurance carrier to up the value of my plane after a major avionics upgrade - and that really makes a difference for an owner of a beautiful plane like this - if they (ins. co.) want to write it off after a medium-sized mishap.    

• Like 1

The usual result of over insuring is that the insurance underwriter is forced to repair the aircraft in almost all instances. Except in a total loss which is rare. A 66 E hull is still a 66 E hull to the underwriter who has to decide this. Also over insuring carries the additional penalty of higher hull premium.

1 hour ago, byrdflyr said:

I'm curious Bob, I know this plane is worth $110k easy, but does the insurance company agree on the hull value?  I had a hard time getting my insurance carrier to up the value of my plane after a major avionics upgrade - and that really makes a difference for an owner of a beautiful plane like this - if they (ins. co.) want to write it off after a medium-sized mishap.    

I've had $95k hull on the plane for several years. I could have raised it to $100k this year but I left it at $95k. This would be enough that the carrier would not be tempted to total the plane say after a $35k gear up.

• Like 1

For information about insurance...

We have a really good insurance guy around here.... Parker is a few lines up from here...

Topics to be familiar with...

1) Agreed upon value... can be really important... may take some documentation as well... Bob has done a great job of documenting the value of his bird.

2) Affects of over insuring.... the insurance company insists on Fixing a plane, when you really don’t want it anymore....

3) Affects of under insuring... Here’s your minimal check Mr. carusoam... we will be pleased to take your wreck now...

4) Oddly, the cost of insurance doesn’t change very much from covering a plane over a range of 140 to 200amu...

5) Bob’s plane is not a collection of parts... it is a fully integrated flying machine... Pilot Perfect for flying in IMC...

6) Find the pic of Bob’s plane... in a hangar next to an Acclaim... they look like they were built in the same year....

PP thoughts only, not a number cruncher...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Over insuring is not a thing with short body Mooneys. As the supply dwindles, and all of them have damage history already. I don't see any situation where I'd rather see a short body scrapped than rebuilt. An Ultra, on the other hand, could lose so much value from a serious accident, that you'd rather it be totaled, paid out, and go buy another one. 

But when it comes to Bob's M20E, there isn't another one. So you're gonna want it rebuilt. Regardless...

I don't think an insurance company would be hard to convince it's a $110K hull. If I were buying it, I would probably ask for $120K or $130K hull coverage.

• Like 3

This seems like an incredible deal...
I have just started planning to buy a cross country plane for our small family of 3, and this seems to check all of the boxes for what I was looking for. Unfortunately, I don't think this will still be on the market by the time I am actually ready to pull the trigger. I have just started to work on budgeting, market research, etc.

Out of curiosity, what kind of cruise numbers do you get with all of the mods? Good luck selling.

PS: I am pretty sure that I saw this plane at Oshkosh last year, and if this is the one I remember, it was even more impressive in person.

• Like 1