Cool Mooney Moments

Stephen

One of our daughters, who has been sheltering in with us for a few weeks, had to get down to her rental house and get mail and mow the yard. It is a 6+ hour drive one way. We did it like this instead:

1409406718_ScreenShot2020-04-23at8_51_26AM.thumb.png.9576e9ce207aa3ce8eb4963c09db9218.png

...  and being back at home before 4 PM.  BTW, those out and back times included:

1) landing, grabbing a crew car gratis (plug Beaver Lake Aviation....a.k.a Walmart's FBO)

2) grabbed lunch to go 

3) Driving 10 miles ish to get to her house

4) Mowing her front, back, and side yards with a push mower

5) Her fixing a transport data pipeline issue via VPN for a very large retail organization that she works as a big data ETL/analyst type so goodies can continue to get to stores

6) Ordering and grabbing a huge mess of sushi to go from my wife's favorite sushi restaurant: 2 Crazy Crab rolls, 1 Rainbow Roll (should have gotten more), 1 Philly, 1 Mango roll, 1 Green Dragon, 2 Cali Rolls 

7) Going to a store and getting a soft thermal insulated bag for the aforementioned loot.

9) Driving the 10 miles back and blasting off for the return. 

All the while we hardly approached a soul and stayed distanced with the exception of the two drive-through food runs. 

All that at my 9.2 GPH about 40 LOP, 2500 RPM

Go Mooney

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

@The Other Red Baron Very possibly was me if you were monitoring Razorback Approach. I did't go to KVBT. In fact, it almost looked like they were having some kind of airshow practice or something when driving over. I saw some kind of experimental (RV?) whipping around in turns just outside of the pattern and a T28 Trojan looked like it was doing fast passes, "compass check" or something. KVBT is a lot closer to my daughter's house, but I didn't know if Summit would help with a courtesy car; nobody answered the phone. I was able to get ahold of Beaver Lake and confirm a crew car so just figured I would just fly to KROG and drive over to her place west of Bentonville. 

Yeah they had some kind of fly-in dine-at-your-plane thing at Louise.  They set up a table by your plane and everything.  Good call on just going to ROG...Summit has been incredibly hard to get ahold of since this started so much that I've just started to go to nearby airports to fill up. (self serve is out of commission at VBT and it is way cheaper to go elsewhere any way...)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stephen said:

...  and being back at home before 4 PM.  BTW, those out and back times included:

1) landing, grabbing a crew car gratis (plug Beaver Lake Aviation....a.k.a Walmart's FBO)

2) grabbed lunch to go 

3) Driving 10 miles ish to get to her house

4) Mowing her front, back, and side yards with a push mower

5) Her fixing a transport data pipeline issue via VPN for a very large retail organization that she works as a big data ETL/analyst type so goodies can continue to get to stores

6) Ordering and grabbing a huge mess of sushi to go from my wife's favorite sushi restaurant: 2 Crazy Crab rolls, 1 Rainbow Roll (should have gotten more), 1 Philly, 1 Mango roll, 1 Green Dragon, 2 Cali Rolls 

7) Going to a store and getting a soft thermal insulated bag for the aforementioned loot.

9) Driving the 10 miles back and blasting off for the return. 

All the while we hardly approached a soul and stayed distanced with the exception of the two drive-through food runs. 

All that at my 9.2 GPH about 40 LOP, 2500 RPM

Go Mooney

That's a full day--hopefully you took the afternoon/evening off.

Just now, Brian E. said:

That's a full day--hopefully you took the afternoon/evening off.

It was, but I wasn't feeling too bad considering all the activity and all the ground covered... thanks to the Mooney! Without it it would have been a very long day.