Mooney 231 PPI Items

malyce7

18 hours ago, CharlesHuddleston said:

My '82K has removable seats! But, it also has the one piece belly, which I know was added on...

Thanks for the correction. I had an '83 231 and it had the removable seats, but didn't know exactly which year they started. (I know mine didn't have the one piece removable belly.)

The first no-go M20K for me is the 231. Look for a 252. :lol:
But on a more serious note... if a 231, look for one with the LB engine upgrade. I'd stay away from the GB engine. And a later model version, like 1986 or so, will have the removable back seats which are one of the nicest interior features in a Mooney, if you ask me.

I love following@gsxrpilot ....he is very passionate about the 252 and rightfully so....funny stuff
All these posts are dead on accurate as usual.
I did a quick look to see if there were any 262’s on the market and didn’t see any but I have been extremely happy with mine. You don’t have some of the 231 concerns and you get to function like a 252 (MB performance, cooler temps,etc) with some great perks like single piece belly, speedbrakes, adjustable single piece large cowl flap. Plus as a 231 I think your useful load is a little better. So if one pops personally from experience I wouldn’t shy away from the mod stigma.

Things I’d like to have like the 252 Bubba’s have are articulating seats, split removable rear seats (you can get that also with 231 after 1982 I think) and I am always jealous of that white panel.......maybe at my aspen max add an MFD and J-830 upgrade...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I was about to send a 231 for a pre-buy when I stumbled across this article. Lucky enough, I found a 252 close to home and so far have been very happy to have the additional benefits of the 252. 

Not sure if they still do but Airmods add a couple of 231 upgraded to 252 firewall forward last time I checked. 

Edited by xavierde
  • Like 1