ECI hub inspection in NorCal

RobertGary1

American Propeller in Redding is who I use for my ECI. You have to remove and send to their shop, but the good thing is they pick up and re-deliver no charge, they have a truck that goes up and down the west coast twice every week.

Fly Smart

Ryan

Last time we used this company they met us at Lincoln airport and the test was way more thorough than when I had it done in Stocton through Top Gun. I really liked Golden State Propeller but he was forced to close by the city/airport. I'm not sure how much CTC changed but I think it was a hundred fifty. Technician is not an AP so you will have to RR your spinner and also your weights. When I got home I had my IA sign off in my prop log. I don't know how many old hubs are still in service but would be great to be an AP with certificate to do this inspection and fly around the country in your Mooney performing this service 

Paul Farinha
AWS QC1-14090491
level II technician
CTC Services, Inc.

old memory...

Fly in...

take spinner off...

Perform test...

put spinner back on...

Any more work than that starts to involve maintenance induced challenges...

Prop hub cracks for Mooneys are very un-common...  same hub on different planes are more common...

For additional insight MS has a really good prop guy... aka Cody...

Best regards,

-a-

32 minutes ago, R Van Dyck said:

American Propeller in Redding is who I use for my ECI. You have to remove and send to their shop, but the good thing is they pick up and re-deliver no charge, they have a truck that goes up and down the west coast twice every week.

Fly Smart

Ryan

R and R your prop and having it shipped is going to bring the costs over the 350 that Stockton propeller charges even if they pick up and deliver for free. Since this test is done with a hand held device wouldn't it make more sense to just bring the test to the propeller twice a week instead 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonal said:

Last time we used this company they met us at Lincoln airport and the test was way more thorough than when I had it done in Stocton through Top Gun. I really liked Golden State Propeller but he was forced to close by the city/airport. I'm not sure how much CTC changed but I think it was a hundred fifty. Technician is not an AP so you will have to RR your spinner and also your weights. When I got home I had my IA sign off in my prop log. I don't know how many old hubs are still in service but would be great to be an AP with certificate to do this inspection and fly around the country in your Mooney performing this service 

Paul Farinha
AWS QC1-14090491
level II technician
CTC Services, Inc.

Just for information..............Golden State Propeller is in full operation.  New location is off the airport at 2741 MCMillan Ave., San Luis Obispo, CA 805 544-8356.  Jennifer and Eric Strub.  Very quality folks and quality work. 

Yes, GS was booted from SBP.  This was due to future airport expansion plans I was told.  Unfortunately we can no longer simply fly in to the shop for the test. 

3 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

Just for information..............Golden State Propeller is in full operation.  New location is off the airport at 2741 MCMillan Ave., San Luis Obispo, CA 805 544-8356.  Jennifer and Eric Strub.  Very quality folks and quality work. 

Yes, GS was booted from SBP.  This was due to future airport expansion plans I was told.  Unfortunately we can no longer simply fly in to the shop for the test. 

Oddly Stockton Propeller got booted off the airport about 7 years ago so they could move in a non-aviation business. But you can fly into Top Gun Aviation and they'll let Stockon Properller folks work in front of their hanger.

A roaming guy might make some money. that's how I usually get my pitot/static done. A guy in a truck comes to my airport and meets me. He does big jets too. Has a cool set up that everything is remote control so he can sit in your plane and change the pitot/static port pressures on his remote control and watch your gauges.

-Robert

• Like 1