Corona Virus and JPI

So, my OilP transducer failed on me a month or so ago, just before this all went south.  Went to place the order for an EDM900 but JPI had already closed their doors by order of the Governor.  Best I can tell, there's no near end in sight for California.  However, EI appears to be open as they're in Oregon.  

Now the tuff part, I'm down for an annual and can't be released without a functional OilP.  I can't find the OEM transducer, note that it's not a common one apparently (XD03011-02001).  It's a longer tube style one.  

Do I ride it out to see when JPI reopens and then wait 4-6 weeks for the build or just go with a CGR30P as I wasn't planning on replacing the fuel quantity?

JPI says they're closed, but they're working with limited staff... I had an EDM900 sent down there and they shut down the day after it arrived. They had back to me a week later. 

• Like 2

Somebody recently did a nice post with lots of pics when they went with the EI MVP engine monitor...

considering all the costs involved with installation... it’s worth taking a look...

As far as finding a temporary replacement goes....

Post your OilP sensor part number...

I bet dozens have been pulled out for JPI upgrades...

There is one floating around fedex in Canada.... that I know of... just FedEx hasn’t found it yet... :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jwilcoxon78 said:

So, my OilP transducer failed on me a month or so ago, just before this all went south.  Went to place the order for an EDM900 but JPI had already closed their doors by order of the Governor.  Best I can tell, there's no near end in sight for California.  However, EI appears to be open as they're in Oregon.  

Now the tuff part, I'm down for an annual and can't be released without a functional OilP.  I can't find the OEM transducer, note that it's not a common one apparently (XD03011-02001).  It's a longer tube style one.  

Do I ride it out to see when JPI reopens and then wait 4-6 weeks for the build or just go with a CGR30P as I wasn't planning on replacing the fuel quantity?

Hold out for JPI.  Don’t make a long-term decision to deviate from your 900 order because of a short-term problem.  Get the 900.  :-)

Steve

• Like 2

I also reached out to JPI this week, because the display on my 700 is wonky...which seems to be common.  Instead of having them fix the display, I wanted to ask them about upgrading it to a 730.  But they are, indeed, indicating they are closed.  They may be open in stealth mode, but for me the quicker path seems to be Chief - they're open and shipping normally.

• Like 1

I also reached out to JPI this week, because the display on my 700 is wonky...which seems to be common.  Instead of having them fix the display, I wanted to ask them about upgrading it to a 730.  But they are, indeed, indicating they are closed.  They may be open in stealth mode, but for me the quicker path seems to be Chief - they're open and shipping normally.

Check with Spruce - it’s usually been cheaper to order the upgrade through them. You’ll see a rebate when you put into the cart too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Thanks -a-

I have been in contact with my rep at JPI.  They are able to ship some limited probes but any of the engine monitors including the EDM900 are not being shipped, all my pending orders an paused in process.  I am expecting an update tomorrow on their status.  The JPI rebates are active now and what I am doing with my customers is taking orders, getting all the paperwork in order, sending in the order to JPI to lock in the rebates but I am NOT charging anyone until I have a ship date.  As stated the normal lead time for JPI to build the certified units like the 900/930's is about 4 weeks.

My prices are better than Chief & Spruce but unfortunately I won't be able to ship until JPI reopens.

https://wolfaviationsales.com/shop/ols/categories/engine-monitors

Edited by Jeev
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ragedracer1977 said:

Thanks but i recently received that very unit and am about to send it back.  It was a faulty unit from their Cores bin with a sticker that said "erratic".  Guess what happened when I installed:) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ragedracer1977 said:

depends how long he wants to be down.  They were 4-6 week lead time before the pandemic.

That's what worries me.  It is California so there's not telling how long they'll stay down.  Furthermore, I fear their backlog will then be double what it was previous.  That could mean a total down time of 6 or so months.  

8 hours ago, Ross Taylor said:

I called a third party on getting one but they confirmed that all new orders still have to be configured at JPI...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeev said:

Thanks -a-

I have been in contact with my rep at JPI.  They are able to ship some limited probes but any of the engine monitors including the EDM900 are not being shipped, all my pending orders an paused in process.  I am expecting an update tomorrow on their status.  The JPI rebates are active now and what I am doing with my customers is taking orders, getting all the paperwork in order, sending in the order to JPI to lock in the rebates but I am NOT charging anyone until I have a ship date.  As stated the normal lead time for JPI to build the certified units like the 900/930's is about 4 weeks.

My prices are better than Chief & Spruce but unfortunately I won't be able to ship until JPI reopens.

https://wolfaviationsales.com/shop/ols/categories/engine-monitors

Thanks Jeev,

I checked out your site and it does appear to be a great deal.  Forwarding your info to my Service Center to see if they'll order it though you instead of direct from JPI.  

I sent in my EDM 700 to JPI for repair.  They got it four days before they closed down.  I called three different times before they shut down, and was put on never ending hold by the receptionist each time.  I have no idea when, or if I will ever get it back. 

Jeff  

2 hours ago, Jblanton said:

I sent in my EDM 700 to JPI for repair.  They got it four days before they closed down.  I called three different times before they shut down, and was put on never ending hold by the receptionist each time.  I have no idea when, or if I will ever get it back. 

Jeff  

We've certainly got 1st world problems but, man, it's frustrating.  

4 hours ago, Ross Taylor said:

Thanks for the pointer to @Jeev - I didn't know about you, but I'm happy to send my business to a MS supporter.  When I get my bird back from annual, I'll do the JPI upgrade through you.

Thank you Ross.

3 hours ago, Lake Aero said:

JPI is located in Southern California and won't reopen until May 15th(could be extended). Have you thought of Garmin GI-275 EIS? Less Labor and fits in a 3 1/8'' hole.

So checking more into the GI275, it appears to be way more expensive after you add all the necessary sensors.  Looks like the engine kit only comes with egt/cht and oilP.  Everything else is extra.  May have to call an installer though to make sure I’m reading this right. 

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, jordanjms said:

@Jeev  any updates on the status of JPI? Their website seems to indicate they're still shutdown.

I ordered a 730 (upgrade) through @Jeev about three weeks ago and JPI shipped it to me in just a few days. He was great to work with and it appears that JPI is taking care of business, despite the website message.

• Like 1