Dash mounted landing checklist

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but the idea of a panel mounted checklist caught my attention when I saw a "rolodex"-type checklist with a friend. And I thought of something similar, just based on the typical ad displays you see here in train stations. 

The contents are of course debatable. I chose them suitable for my M20J and fitting my individual breed of Alzheimer's - the items that may escape ME and then be critical. Things like strobes or landing lights are not critical, so they are left out. My three panel-mounted checklists read:

grafik.png.2a7332268882f225736ba0b1588911fd.png

If you want, you can print the parts on your home 3D printer (use the attached STL file and scale down by a factor of 10). I am using a low cost Anycubic i3 Mega (bought it on ebay for just under EUR 160 before Christmas), and it worked just fine. 

Assembly requires six short and thin nails as axles, plus some glue and sticky tape. Assembly instructions are attached as well..And before you are asking, the word "Jäklyst" is NOT German - it is a tongue-in-cheek wordplay on IKEA :-)

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

Rotierende Checkliste.jpg

Ckecklist Assembly.pdf

Rotierende Checkliste.stl

Edited by Fry
  • Like 7

Very crude choice of colour & format, I have a small "Fuel & Gear" post-it sitting near approach airspeed that is all I need

I may need to add real pictures of crash from fuel starvation & gear up to help with "emotional memory" :lol:

13 hours ago, Fry said:

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but the idea of a panel mounted checklist caught my attention when I saw a "rolodex"-type checklist with a friend. And I thought of something similar, just based on the typical ad displays you see here in train stations. 

The contents are of course debatable. I chose them suitable for my M20J and fitting my individual breed of Alzheimer's - the items that may escape ME and then be critical. Things like strobes or landing lights are not critical, so they are left out. My three panel-mounted checklists read:

If you want, you can print the parts on your home 3D printer (use the attached STL file). I am using a low cost Anycubic i3 Mega (bought it on ebay for just under EUR 160 before Christmas), and it worked just fine. 

Assembly requires six short and thin nails as axles, plus some glue and sticky tape. Assembly instructions are attached as well..And before you are asking, the word "Jäklyst" is NOT German - it is a tongue-in-cheek wordplay on IKEA :-)

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

Ckecklist Assembly.pdf 715.16 kB · 6 downloads Rotierende Checkliste.stl 23.39 MB · 2 downloads

I love the idea, it's ingenious and needs to be patented and sold at Sporty's, but with my luck I would get my finger caught in there and have to make an emergency landing. . . at least I'd have the emergency checklist handy tho.:)

13 hours ago, Fry said:

If you want, you can print the parts on your home 3D printer (use the attached STL file). I am using a low cost Anycubic i3 Mega (bought it on ebay for just under EUR 160 before Christmas), and it worked just fine. 

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

Ckecklist Assembly.pdf 715.16 kB · 6 downloads Rotierende Checkliste.stl 23.39 MB · 2 downloads

It would also work well if you want to sell multiple advertising spots for passenger viewing.  Captive audience :)