Cleaning leather seats

Yes...

https://washwax.com/collections/leather-soap/products/leather-vinyl-care-kit

I have likely the same color seats, and this has worked wonderfully to remove dirt stains and discoloration without damaging the leather at all.  Biodegradable, spray-on, wipe-off.  Just passed 10 years of ownership and have used it for almost as long.  I own the whole line of their stuff and swear by it.

Steve

+1 on @StevenL757 suggestion - we bought a Mooney last year, which has "ivory" colored leather.  Needless to say, this particular color shows everything...and at the recommendation of another MSer we bought the same Aero Cosmetics kit.  It made a huge difference, smells nice, and seems like quality stuff.

That's it.  an ounce of that in 2 gal of water in a 5 gal bucket--you wash and dry your airplane in the hangar--no hose. Shines like crazy.

Dampen one of your microfiber towels with the solution and wipe down the seats...totally clean, no suds, no residue, no rinsing. Effing magic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

here are the other things I use:

GTechniq W5--1-5 in a spray bottle to pre-clean your belly..totally degreases and removes exhaust...follow up with a wash with ONR solution

ONR Big Red Sponge--ideal for washing with the ONR solution in that bucket--find the big red sponge video on YouTube

Microfiber towels--this bundle is economical, thick, and soft--no scratching.

Gtechniq C2V3--DIY ceramic coating. apply right after wash with ONR.  6-12 months ceramic coating protection...slippery, makes next cleanup with ONR very easy, very fast!

Screenshot_20200416-194711_Amazon.jpg

Screenshot_20200416-194603_Amazon.jpg

Screenshot_20200416-195146_Amazon.jpg

Screenshot_20200416-194513_Amazon.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

Yes...

https://washwax.com/collections/leather-soap/products/leather-vinyl-care-kit

I have likely the same color seats, and this has worked wonderfully to remove dirt stains and discoloration without damaging the leather at all.  Biodegradable, spray-on, wipe-off.  Just passed 10 years of ownership and have used it for almost as long.  I own the whole line of their stuff and swear by it.

Steve

Thanks... I likes this package and ordered it last night.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 11:31 AM, Htmlkid said:

I have grey leather seats in my plane that could use a good cleaning. Any suggestions on the best product to use.

Topic stray, but my partners and I just installed Aero Sheep lambswool covers up front and the difference is day and night in terms of comfort. No more sweaty back and thighs in the Florida heat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use detail juice and boost juice from Garry Dean. About 1 gallon of water, 2 buckets (1 with clean microfiber towels, one for dirty). Then some waterless wash, finish with detail spray... on the outside... Adams interior cleaners on the inside...

nice and quick...

i clay bar often as it removes quite a bit of junk — after I do a ‘cleaning’ wash. Clay-bar with detail spray or a good lube the do a what it needs...

-Don

On 4/16/2020 at 10:31 AM, Htmlkid said:

I have grey leather seats in my plane that could use a good cleaning. Any suggestions on the best product to use.

My leather guy taught me this... For cleaning, half Simple Green, half water, spray bottle, scrub brush, towel. It really does a good job.

For interior leather, try using saddlesoap.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00993QPJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The side panel in my plane are covered with light tan leather.  They need to be cleaned now and again.  The saddlesoap is the best I have found.  Will work for seats as well.

This is the brush applicator I used. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ECZOKY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Put a bit of water in the saddlesoap container.  Put onto brush, apply.  It will suds up.  Remove with cloth.  Easy and works well.  It is made for leather and does not dry it out.  Use enough water only to apply and not get the seats too wet. I wipe it of pretty quickly to keep the leather from getting too wet.

John Breda