Original log entries from our '66 E.

We have had our E for just over a year now and we love it.  The only thing I've ever been envious of is the Johnson bar manual gear that some of you have.  We've had no issues with our electric gear, so I'm definitely not complaining, but I do like the simplicity of the manual system.  As I sit here, looking through the original documents, I just saw how close we came to almost having the "perfect E" - it looks like the first test flight was done with manual gear (on 3-25-1966) and the Certificate of Airworthiness was issued on 3-30-66.  Then, on 4-4-66 the electric gear retraction kit was installed by Dugosh Aircraft Service and another Certificate of Airworthiness was issued on that date.  Was Dugosh a factory contractor?  And, interestingly, it looks like the panel must have been pretty bare because a whole bunch of avionics were installed on 4-29-66.

Here are those pages - if anyone has any historical insight they'd like to share, I'd be thrilled to learn more about that old process.

IMG_20200412_081423.jpg

IMG_20200412_081527.jpg

IMG_20200412_081541.jpg

IMG_20200412_081552.jpg

IMG_20200412_081615.jpg

IMG_20200412_081650.jpg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, carusoam said:

An original Charlie Dugosh signature!

Dugosh was one of the original MSCs...

A highly revered place to take your bird for a PPI or service...

Congrats on completing year one!   

Let there be many more...   :)

Best regards,

-a-

Only thing better would have been Bill Wheat's sig for the factory production flight test!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...