50 Years Ago Today

On 4/12/2020 at 7:25 AM, David Lloyd said:

Doesn't even have to move.  I had just tied my Bo down at Muscle Shoals one afternoon as a Lear taxied past.  Who wouldn't turn their head and look?  Took a step as I turned my head to walk off and caught the end of the Q-tip prop right between the eyes.  Bulldozed a piece of skin the size of a silver dollar across my forehead.  Blood was on my shoes before I could walk around the plane to get a couple shop towels.  MSL had kind of a strange FBO.  Located in the airline (such that it is) building, to get to the restroom you exit the FBO into the terminal building.  Looking like a disaster victim,  I would have really caused a scene if it was post 9/11.

While the beatings occurred during training, the concept of the running engine and swinging prop guided me to never step even near the arc reach of a prop, it is always spinning....

We all could use an extra step or two of exercise, never ever think of walking thru where that prop can get you.

It will save you a ding on the melon as well.

This coming from a guy with the diamond shaped injury from a certain old Cessna flap...

Bob Weber

webairconsulting.com