REMOVE YOKE TO HAVE REDONE

CDF219

I have a 66E and I have redone entire interior, Last thing is the yokes. How do you get these things off? I see the set screw and the bolt that goes through top to bottom. Any suggestions? thank you in advance.

5 hours ago, CDF219 said:

I have a 66E and I have redone entire interior, Last thing is the yokes. How do you get these things off? I see the set screw and the bolt that goes through top to bottom. Any suggestions? thank you in advance.

Normally the wheel is held to the shaft with a taper pin.  If so back the nut until it’s flush with the end of the thread, support the pin end with a bucking bar against the wheel beside the pin, with your second and third hands drive the nut with a hammer to loosen the pin.  Remove the pin and loosen the set screw and remove the wheel from the shaft.

Clarence

9 hours ago, carusoam said:

Where are you sending the yokes afterwards?

Many visit the same leather interior shop in TX....

Might be a one stop shop for all things that the yokes would need...

Best regards,

-a-

Yep, AeroComfort in San Antonio is where you want to send them. Hector is the best there is when it comes to putting leather in a Mooney. I've put his handiwork in both of my Mooneys and get complements on the yokes all the time.

https://aerocomfort.com

N6XM - M20C

IMG_0002.thumb.jpeg.29ecbecd9ce4473d3fce72f5edc9f527.jpeg

N252AD - M20K 252

IMG_2028.thumb.jpeg.351faf1a4408b8f9f05d45a664498258.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, carusoam said:

Where are you sending the yokes afterwards?

Many visit the same leather interior shop in TX....

Might be a one stop shop for all things that the yokes would need...

Best regards,

-a-

No need to send them across the country and pay hundreds for the privilege! Yokes are easy to do yourself. I did mine with leather I had left over from interior.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PTK said:

No need to send them across the country and pay hundreds for the privilege! Yokes are easy to do yourself. I did mine with leather I had left over from interior.

Did you remove them to recover, or recover in place? They look great.

1 hour ago, CharlesHuddleston said:

Did you remove them to recover, or recover in place? They look great.

Removed, cleaned, primed and applied two coats of protective paint. Then covered with leather.

Be verrry careful if you try to drive the tapered pin out with a hammer. They make a tool to remove it. It costs about as much as the repair of the jeweled clock in the pilot side yoke...providing you don't damage the yoke in the process. Ask me how I know this. Education costs money... and I went to school! The good news is...i graduated....i don't use a hammer any more. And by the way, you don't have to tap it very hard to cost yourself a lot of money, headaches, and time. Just saying.