Help with posting for sale

I’ve seen a decent M20e at the local drome and finally got to meet the owner today and am trying to help him out as his plane is for sale. After talking with him I found out that he is a commercial pilot with 20,000+ hours, mostly pipeline patrol, and he bought this aircraft a little over a year ago. Within a couple of months of buying the Mooney he had a stroke and lost his medical so now he’s trying to sell it. Unfortunately I do not have privileges to post in the aircraft for sale. Would anyone be willing to help out?

What he has is a 1965 E model, 6975U, that is currently located at GMJ in northeastern Oklahoma. 4832 hours in the tach and he said 850 smoh. I have all of his contact info. If I didn’t already have my pa28 I’d be sending it for a prebuy but I digress.

Thanks

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creek/Paul,

The donation required is $10. The donate button is at the bottom of every page...

When you look at the list... you can see the number of people that have looked at ads...

https://mooneyspace.com/forum/10-aircraft-classifieds/

As you have posted it here...  will work pretty well also...

As far as flying with traumatic brain injuries goes... the Class III SI is a route to consider. (SI... Special Issuance).  As is Basic Med...

All TBIs are different... but significant recovery is possible...  A long slow methodical process...

(I have had the honor of working with many people in recovery of TBIs)

The PA28 would make a great stepping stone to an M20E... could be the time for stepping up... :)

PP thoughts only, not a cog therapist...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 3

Creek/Paul,
The donation required is $10. The donate button is at the bottom of every page...
When you look at the list... you can see the number of people that have looked at ads...
https://mooneyspace.com/forum/10-aircraft-classifieds/

As you have posted it here...  will work pretty well also...

As far as flying with traumatic brain injuries goes... the Class III SI is a route to consider. (SI... Special Issuance).  As is Basic Med...
All TBIs are different... but significant recovery is possible...  A long slow methodical process...
(I have had the honor of working with many people in recovery of TBIs)

The PA28 would make a great stepping stone to an M20E... could be the time for stepping up... 

PP thoughts only, not a cog therapist...
Best regards,
-a-

Unfortunately he is still ongoing with treatment and said his right hand and arm have reduced strength which doesn’t help with the Johnson bar. Looks to be a pretty decent example to my untrained eye.

I wish I was ready to step up. I just self installed a 430w, amx240, axp340, and G5 hsi. The plan is for my son to buy it and at that point I’ll step up and a Mooney is looking better every day. I’ve only ever sat in 1 other m20 and it was an e model as well. I’m not a small guy, 6’ 225#, and I was able to position the pilot seat for me and then crawl in behind it and fit reasonably comfortably.

Just hope I can help this guy out and in the meantime maybe even get him back in it for a few laps around the pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Major thread drift/hijack caution... but darn, Anthony @carusoam, you've got to be one of the most well-rounded people I've ever encountered.   With your interest/background in TBI issues, you might be interested in this movie trailer:  

I've had the honor of becoming friends with Andrew Marr and we've been able to help sponsor a doctors' training that he and Dr Gordon did last year.  Their foundation, the Warrior Angels Foundation, is making a difference in the lives of TBI victims... both veterans and athletes.   My wife and I were supposed to fly to CA for the screening of this movie, with a Joe Rogan Q&A too, but then everything got shut down for the coronavirus panic.  PM me sometime about what you do and let me know if we can help in any way.

Okay... back to selling an E!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mcstealth said:

1957??

The year and price are both getting better!  A ‘64 for 36amu...

Compare that to my 65C that I paid 34amu for, (2 decades ago) and it included a loran on its last legs...

An M20E would make both a great first Mooney and/or a great retirement Mooney... :)

Best regards,

-a-

4 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

@Creekrat if you're back at the plane again, can you get a closeup picture of the panel? I'm curious about the DG specifically.

Darn, Paul... you've got good eyes.   Where'd you even see a DG there?  I missed it.

This plane's got so much retro it's actually cool...and the price sure seems attractive.  Someone's going to have fun with this lady.

• Haha 1

Al Mooney was known for buying boxes of gyros from gov surplus...

Lots of the mini TnB instruments used in Mooneys are classic.

If the TnB is noisy... it is a good sign... if it is quiet... it died...   :)

There are always a bunch of instruments for sale on MS...

Best regards,

-a-