Cheap fuel

I went with a friend (my wife works for him and they are essential staff where they work) in his Citation from KPWK to KGRB last week to buy fuel.  It was a 45 minute flight but fuel was $2.24 a gallon versus $4.xx here in Chicagoland.  Filling up paid for the trip....or so we said.  Really, it wasn’t bad, stood by the plain while they filled it up, no big deal, and as far as distancing, my wife works with him almost daily, so no real other exposure.  KDPA still seems to be a little cheaper but I haven’t seen the amazing drop others have.  

• 1 month later...

Well there it is $2.74 officially the cheapest I ever got.  I flew to KRME 30 min away today to get this cheap stuff - actually it was $3.11 when I departed and $2.74 by the time I got there!  Free flying as I had space to take on 76 gal.

IMG_0688.jpg

How much is a decent hangar-home in one of these flying communities again?  Over here AVGAS is $2.32 per liter, which gives $8.78 per USG.  I gotta move, we're all working from home anyway...

Edited by tmo