Tail Art Thread (Mooney Aircraft only please)

0TreeLemur

2 hours ago, MilitaryAV8R said:

When I lived in TX my wife was an A&P for the Commemorative Air Force and they main aircraft her unit had was a C-47 named Bluebonnet Belle. 

Being from Harlingen and growing up less than 2 miles from the CAF was a true treat. Seemed like they were always flying something and the closer it got to the airshow, the more they flew. Rebel Field is still in Mercedes TX. (birth place) but is pretty bad shape, I've flown in and out of there numerous times in the 172 but its too overgrown for even it now.

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Hey, wait! Do the phoenix wings have two lines or three? Is the tail a fallen-over E or three separate lines? Let's get thus set straight!

Isn't the logo based on Al Mooney' initials?

blob.png.2fb6b6a81fe67e7042cc656230287430.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

I almost ALWAYS agree with you.   But, don’t let your yearly support lag as you’ll see this pretty regularly if you run past one year before you make your “Annual Contribution “.  :)

Tom

I should just put a reminder on my calendar, as it is I know exactly when it's up as soon as I login, and promptly make a new donation. ;)

I think the Zurich sectional chart did come up before :lol:

https://mooneyspace.com/topic/18109-a-sectional-paint-job/

Better the M20J airliner with Thomson Fly TUI logo, worth asking @Hyett6420 what happened to that TUI tail art? or maybe he has a tail picture of Go Britiania Airlines colours?

original.jpg

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 12.04.29.png

Edited by Ibra
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Hank said:

Do the phoenix wings have two lines or three?

I had never heard it called that (phoenix). Most likely apropos given how often Mooney has gone under and then resurfaced.

I thought it was the "Mooney Bird" and it is clearly a graphic depicting Al (and Arthur!) Mooney's initials.

Anybody know who originally conceived it? Other than the obvious (Al and/or Art).

13 minutes ago, Nick Pilotte said:

Ok, that’s a beautiful paint job. I can’t imagine how hot it gets in the summer, but wow!

Thanks!

It doesn't seem to get especially hot.  It has a lot of shiny sparkly stuff in the paint so maybe its very reflective?  Or maybe I live so far north I don't know what hot really means?

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Thanks!

It doesn't seem to get especially hot.  It has a lot of shiny sparkly stuff in the paint so maybe its very reflective?  Or maybe I live so far north I don't know what hot really means?

It's where you live. Come down for a week or two in July or August, you'll learn a whole new definition of "warm."  :lol:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hank said:

It's where you live. Come down for a week or two in July or August, you'll learn a whole new definition of "warm."  :lol:

August in Sweet Town Sweaty Alabama?!

I have work colleagues in Hunstville and they are on standing notice that they are too far South to ever consider visiting between May through September.

I'll come to Alabama in August if you come to the Adirondacks region in Jan.  We can enjoy the aura borealis together.  :-O

43 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

August in Sweet Town Sweaty Alabama?!

I have work colleagues in Hunstville and they are on standing notice that they are too far South to ever consider visiting between May through September.

I'll come to Alabama in August if you come to the Adirondacks region in Jan.  We can enjoy the aura borealis together.  :-O

Huntsville is cool, way up north in the mountains. 

I'd like to see the aurora sometime, it was hiding when I was in Alaska a few years ago.

September may still be too waem for you. Last September here, we were 100°F or more every day in September, an unusual happening.  :P

22 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

I’m not sure if Fred has been around long enough to know about Marauder's girls.  At least it meets his criteria for Mooney Aircraft Only tail art.

Yeah, I'm aware.  If you look at my history I've even joked a time or two about some of those posts.  I'm pretty sure that I've written something about how Marauder would be better off with an aircraft with more UL than any Mooney.  ;)   I get it.

Fellas, I'm not a prude, just would like this thread and MS in general to lean a little bit professional and classy, that's all.   This thread about Mooney tail art was suggested by @carusoam and I created it in part to amuse him.  If it grew to consist of a fantastic collection of interesting Mooney paint jobs, then some of us could use it as resource to discuss ideas with our significant others when it comes time to consider paint jobs.   Some of us have significant others who don't appreciate what they would consider smut.   I assure you mine doesn't.

I hear that POA is rife with off-colored posts.  Good for them if they want to be that way.   I never visit POA and don't plan to.

Many of us more recent MS members have learned so much from all ya'll and this is such a valuable resource.  We have female Mooney owners here.  I think we would do ourselves a favor to strive to not be a "boyz club" and be welcoming to females, be they pilots or co-pilots!   That's my point, and I make it only with the best of intentions.  I am not trying to impose any morality on anyone. 

-Fred

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I'm aware.  If you look at my history I've even joked a time or two about some of those posts.  I'm pretty sure that I've written something about how Marauder would be better off with an aircraft with more UL than any Mooney.     I get it.
Fellas, I'm not a prude, just would like this thread and MS in general to lean a little bit professional and classy, that's all.   This thread about Mooney tail art was suggested by [mention=7104]carusoam[/mention] and I created it in part to amuse him.  If it grew to consist of a fantastic collection of interesting Mooney paint jobs, then some of us could use it as resource to discuss ideas with our significant others when it comes time to consider paint jobs.   Some of us have significant others who don't appreciate what they would consider smut.   I assure you mine doesn't.
I hear that POA is rife with off-colored posts.  Good for them if they want to be that way.   I never visit POA and don't plan to.
Many of us more recent MS members have learned so much from all ya'll and this is such a valuable resource.  We have female Mooney owners here.  I think we would do ourselves a favor to strive to not be a "boyz club" and be welcoming to females, be they pilots or co-pilots!   That's my point, and I make it only with the best of intentions.  I am not trying to impose any morality on anyone. 
-Fred

You calling my wife smut? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro