Tail Art Thread (Mooney Aircraft only please)

0TreeLemur

2 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

Your art is not a bit retro..............it IS retro. :D

Hey, are my VOR antenna backwards, or are yours?  I know my tail is on backwards, but the antenna too? :lol:

Yes, mine are on backwards...  Apparently somebody thought that it looked faster.   I have looked into turning them around the right way but it isn't obvious how to do such a thing.   Pretty tight quarters up there.  Anybody have hangar fairies who can whisper into my hangar fairies' ear a little howto advice?

14 minutes ago, 0TreeLemur said:

Yes, mine are on backwards...  Apparently somebody thought that it looked faster.   I have looked into turning them around the right way but it isn't obvious how to do such a thing.   Pretty tight quarters up there.  Anybody have hangar fairies who can whisper into my hangar fairies' ear a little howto advice?

Yes, that configuration certainly does add to the overall fast appearance of a Mooney!  Especially on the ground.  Makes other brand owners quite jealous I’ll bet .:P

Heck, if they do the job, leave ‘em that way..... very cool looking!:D

• Haha 1

Fortunately, Peter’s tail graphics are included in his avatar...  :)

My tail remains a blank canvas... it once got some words printed for it that simply read.... Standing Ovation...

Cris probably had a matching set that said Screamin’ Eagle on it...   (Cris owned a print shop)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Mine's in annual too far away for a photo, but I managed to crop this from a recent one. Simple, clean, vintage.

Tail.thumb.jpg.eefd2c00730170d7258be2e87094bb5c.jpg

What years was this logo in use?  It is my favorite and I'm putting it on my '67 F even thought I'm pretty sure it's not period correct.

POHs and owners manuals are a good hint to where the graphics are documented...

C, E, Fs... were built into 1977 or so... at least their last updated POH was in 77...

Check the first pages of the POH in the download section to see if the proper graphic is there...

Creative license is always appreciated...   :)

Best regards,

-a-

15 minutes ago, skydvrboy said:

What years was this logo in use?  It is my favorite and I'm putting it on my '67 F even thought I'm pretty sure it's not period correct.

The one on Andy's and Mitch's planes are correct for my 1970 C, but it came this way. I like it!

I wondered how long before something like that showed up.....  has anybody ever painted or polished a MOONEY like an old warbird?  Perhaps moving the nose art to the tail or doing nose art?  I’ve seen some exotic cars wrapped in vinyl like that and always thought it looked cool. 

So your going to hijack a good thread, suggested by [mention=7104]carusoam[/mention] and I'll have to delete it?   Please...  I didn't create it for posting what you posted at all.

I’m sorry you have zero sense of humor and are so tightly wound. It is a light hearted joke but it IS tail, and it IS art. Sorry you choose to spend your negative energy on it instead of just moving on to the next post.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, eman1200 said:

I’m sorry you have zero sense of humor and are so tightly wound. It is a light hearted joke but it IS tail, and it IS art. Sorry you choose to spend your negative energy on it instead of just moving on to the next post.

Read the title of this thread.  It isn't that I don't have a sense of humor. In fact I've got a killer sense of humor.   It's that what you posted isn't cool and doesn't fit in.  Why don't you start a thread on "Tail Art of Tattoos on Asses Featuring Extinct 80's Thrash Metal Bands".  I'd be fine with that. 

• Haha 4