Klixon switch cover options

m100psi

Hi all,

Unless I missed something, it didn't look like there was a full solution in the previous threads on this to get a labeled switch cover.  I'm not too familiar with 3d printing options (trying to learn now), but I'm working on a model for use with dual extruder printers so the switch cover and label can all be printed together.  No idea yet if I'll get anywhere with it or if it will be cost effective, just trying things out.

I wondered if anyone does already have a full solution for printing switch covers with labels so I'm not working to reinvent.  Incidentally, I tried the Shapeways rev 0.6 (tighter fit) and couldn't get it on my switch ('78 J) with the switch in the panel.  I also discussed labels with aircraftengravers.net.  Doesn't sound like they're confident with these which seemed weird since it looks like that's pretty much what they do, and they also weren't too interested in talking to me for my small order which is understandable.  They did say if you want a white switch with black text, they've had the best luck painting the face of a black switch white so just the recessed text shows through black.

Thanks,
Matt