Need something to read, safety related..?

6 minutes ago, carusoam said:

FAA prints a magazine every two months... but that costs about 20 bucks a year to read...

The most recent E-copy is here.  Free! :)

https://www.faa.gov/news/safety_briefing/2020/media/MarApr2020.pdf

Best regards,

-a-

Thank you.  Thought I might find something on current virus issues.  

They have a 50minute video to accompany it... that discusses the value of the topics.

And some wings credit if you want to pass a test on the topics...

The print version is probably old/stale by the time it gets on paper... but the video might be fresh enough, they could cover what’s happening today...

AOPA probably handles the timely stuff the best.

https://aopalive.aopa.org/?utm_source=altw&utm_medium=email

:)

-a-

Also in the article about "Steve" the FAA Administrator... he recounts his first GA powered flight... in a Mooney. He "remembers enjoying the sports-car-like style and performance of the Mooney."

Maybe someone needs to take Steve up for a ride in a Mooney for a refresher... and to give a boost to a few STC's we're all waiting on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, carusoam said:

So...

I was reading this FAA mag....

And came across this pic.

I think I know who it is...?

John, do you have a ‘Boots’ T-shirt?  @1964-M20E   :)

Best regards,

-a-

088722F5-530A-41BC-97C6-6930D7BAA3CC.png

Arghh I've been spotted I need to change my identity again.  :ph34r::D

I want to know where my royalty check is they using my likeness.  :D

At least I was promoting the brand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How small the Mooney world actually is....

About a decade ago... I asked about traveling by Mooney to NOLA for a weekend...

John gave me some good advice regarding flying in... and Café du Monde and beignets...

Two years ago, I actually met John at Mooney Summit... at the end of the gathering we flew out together as a loose flight of two... 

I sat right seat, in Alan’s V-tail and headed toward NOLA for the night... Alan was doing his usual business thing...

So... my memory is notably horrible... but certain parts of memory really work in different ways...

You might be really horrible remembering names... but faces, and the sound of voices, are stored in physically different places...  :)

Pulling out a memory from two years ago... that made my day!

Thanks John!

Best regards,

-a-

Yes too bad we are not going to get SnF this year.  My buddy and I were all set to go.  We would have been flying home today.

Well I did get a good weekend working on the hangar.  Building out an "office" an it is progressing faster than I anticipated with all this staying at home.:ph34r:

• Like 1