Who’s got working brittain AP servos lying around?

eman1200

Noooo...

he always points out his favorite suppliers...

@Alan Fox and @Jerry Pressley and @SheryLoewen

Hmmmmm... I never bought from or sold anything to Shery... yet...

But I have bought stuff from Lasar...

have you checked your existing ones for the rubber bladders electrical tape-ability yet?

:)

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

@eman1200 If you find extra, let me know.  I used my spare the other day.  One of my wing servo's is starting to get a bit of dry rot and will not last another 55 years.  I emailed Brittain and they said that they are working on getting production back online, but who knows when that will be...

6 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Noooo...

he always points out his favorite suppliers...

@Alan Fox and @Jerry Pressley and @SheryLoewen

Hmmmmm... I never bought from or sold anything to Shery... yet...

But I have bought stuff from Lasar...

have you checked your existing ones for the rubber bladders electrical tape-ability yet?

:)

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

no, I haven't checked, since it's not for me.  but I'm sure they were checked.  also, while the people you mentioned 'may' have them, I know there have been several posts recently by other people who have them for sale, I just don't know if they are sold or maybe still available.

33 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Imagine the price...

there are two full sets that seem to be being offered in this thread...

One from a very reliable MSer...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks Anthony,

I sold these a while ago.

Clarence

I am currently tracking down vacuum leaks and I’m surprised at what I found with both rudder servos. 

So, ailerons next. For those that already have, how do you get the aileron servo out? I read the procedure, but there has to be a way to remove the servo without drilling out rivets and then replacing them on the install side. 

Thanks!

albert

On 4/11/2020 at 7:13 PM, outermarker said:

I am currently tracking down vacuum leaks and I’m surprised at what I found with both rudder servos. 

So, ailerons next. For those that already have, how do you get the aileron servo out? I read the procedure, but there has to be a way to remove the servo without drilling out rivets and then replacing them on the install side. 

Thanks!

albert

Years a go I used a 1/2" articulated ratcheting wrench, preferably a smaller one, to reach at the back of the servo and remove the nut. I used Sears Craftsman and it was a great tool for that.

Good luck.

Edited by Igor_U

Thanks for the insight Igor. It was so difficult to break the nut free after it was installed back in the early 80’s. You can’t see where the nut is, your hand almost won’t fit and the angle is not accommodating for removal. But I did get both servos out with each taking more than two hours to basically remove one nut. Once again I’m disappointed at what I found. So, before they go back in, I have a few questions that I hope will help others.

1. Where can I find A-6 Corbin clamps? I have search and searched without success. 

2. Where can I find the tool made for this type of small Corbin clamp? 

3. The brass nut and nylon insert that makes the seal/connection to the poly hose? 

There is no way, I mean no way I would reuse these items and take a chance of a leak after having gone through what it takes to remove an aileron servo. 

Albert