Tasteless Joke of the day.

For a while...

Sanka used the Swiss water process for stripping the caffeine out of coffee, leaving the taste chemistry pretty much untouched...

Making Sanka one of the tastiest coffees to make tasteless jokes about... :)

Of course, the instant coffee process started off by boiling off excess water for hours before spray drying it... there wasn’t much of the original coffee flavor left after that... heat and oxygen are bad for tase and aroma chemistry...

Sanka, Maxwell House, Master Blend, Brim, and Yuban were all under the General foods brands umbrella...

General foods was bought up by Philip Morris (the Marlboro Man) then combined with Kraft (the cheese people)

Four coffee factories around North America were in nice  cities like Hoboken, Montreal, Houston and San Leandro...

The coffee aroma in the air on a rainy day was tremendous...

All the extracted caffeine was sold off to the soda companies... it had to go somewhere...

The caffeine extraction process, back in the day, used methylene chloride in direct contact with the beans...making the coffee have a slight chemical taste and aroma...

Then the process when indirect extraction, a big step in having less chemicals in contact with the beans... the Swiss water process used super-critical CO2 to do the extraction... no chemical taste left behind at all...

PP thoughts only, sort of... :)  (all from fuzzy old memories...  may contain errors... )

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, carusoam said:

For a while...

Sanka used the Swiss water process for stripping the caffeine out of coffee, leaving the taste chemistry pretty much untouched...

Of course, the instant coffee process started off by boiling off excess water for hours before spray drying it... there wasn’t much of the original coffee flavor left after that... heat and oxygen are bad for tase and aroma chemistry...

Sanka, Maxwell House, Master Blend, Brim, and Yuban were all under the General foods brands umbrella...

General foods was bought up by Philip Morris (the Marlboro Man) then combined with Kraft (the cheese people)

Four coffee factories around North America were in nice  cities like Hoboken, Montreal, Houston and San Leandro...

All the extracted caffeine was sold off to the soda companies... it had to go somewhere...

The caffeine extraction process, back in the day, used methylene chloride in direct contact with the beans...making the coffee have a slight chemical taste and aroma...

Then the process when indirect extraction, a big step in having less chemicals in contact with the beans... the Swiss water process used super-critical CO2 to do the extraction... no chemical taste left behind at all...

PP thoughts only, sort of... :)  (all from fuzzy old memories...  may contain errors... )

Best regards,

-a-

Wow!! I’m so thankful I don’t drink coffee! :rolleyes:  I prefer my chemicals from Coca Cola :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

Methylene Chloride GHS SignDoctor said decaf is better for me....uhh, I don't think so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

Wow!! I’m so thankful I don’t drink coffee! :rolleyes:  I prefer my chemicals from Coca Cola :lol:

Those issues are not found in the real coffee that I drink, only in freeze-dried, instant coffee and decaf. I drink the real thing, brewed strong from lightly roasted beans. Doesn't leave anything to put into your coke . . . . .

• Like 2

Lightly roasted, Columbian, Double A, beans, coarsely ground... brewed at 200°F, using a fine laser drilled stainless ‘mesh’ for a filter...

Then catch the brew in a pot that can be sealed from endless oxygen contact, and kept warm without a heater...

Yettis and Contigos are pretty good for keeping O2 away... while keeping things hot...

:)

PP thoughts only, but I have been inside a coffee manufacturing plant or two...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 3:04 PM, carusoam said:

For a while...

Best regards,

-a-

Anthony, you are making me want to try a cup of Sanka, my only experience with it was regularly seeing it on my grandparent's shelf. 

• Like 2

You have to see tonight’s treatise on the lubrication approximation...   Eddy currents, and the degradation of oil, using time-temperature super-position...

Every PP should know this one!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, carusoam said:

You have to see tonight’s treatise on the lubrication approximation...   Eddy currents, and the degradation of oil, using time-temperature super-position...

Every PP should know this one!

Best regards,

-a-

This is common knowledge. 

Nothing to see here folks. Move along. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer...................once again, the below text does necessarily reflect the opinion or attitude [well, maybe some of it! :P] of the poster [that's me :rolleyes:].  It just made me chuckle a bit.  :lol:

Sometime this year, we taxpayers will likely receive another economic stimulus.
It is indeed a very exciting program, and I’ll explain it by using a Q&A format:

Q: What is an Economic Stimulus?
A: It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q: Where will the government get this money?
A: From taxpayers.

Q: Is the government simply giving me back my own money, then?
A: No, only a smidgen of it.

Q: What is the purpose of this payment?
A: The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high definition television set, a new iPad, or a new SUV, thus stimulating the economy.

Q: Isn’t that stimulating the economy of China?
A: Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U. S. Economy with your stimulus check. Use it wisely:

* If you spend the stimulus money at Walmart the money will go to China or Sri Lanka.
* if you spend it on gasoline, it money will go to the Arabs.
* if you purchase a computer, it goes to India, Taiwan or China.
* if you purchase fruits and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala.
* if you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea.
* if you purchase useless stuff, it goes to Taiwan.
* if you pay your credit card off, or buy stock, it will go to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in America by:

(1) Spending it at a yard sale or thrift shop, or
(2) Going to a ballgame, or
(3) Spending it on prostitutes, or
(4) Beer, or
(5) Tattoos
(These are the only American businesses still operating in the U.S.)

CONCLUSION: Go to a ballgame with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yard sale and drink beer all day.

No need to thank me, I’m just glad I could be of help.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Marauder said:

He’s just faster at Googling than the rest of us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No, he is one of the few people around here who have invested the time and energy into truly understanding how to use MS's arcane boolean search system.  He is also a master of the Dewey Decimal System!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3