A short bumpy flight to test the new Aspen MAX

gsxrpilot

I've got a few camera's I wanted to test out. And I needed to test the Aspen PFD MAX just installed. So I thought I'd sneak out of work for a quick flight. It was really too bumpy and so not much fun. But it provided some video footage to practice editing with.

No music, but Comm's included.

The wind here in Denver is no joke. The scenery is beautiful but days like this make me wish for the boring, nothing too see, flat Texas countryside. At least it's not like a whitewater rafting ride nearly every day.

On landing the controller asked me about the wind. He had reported 180@11 as I was on final for 30R. I was focused on the landing and didn't really notice the wind. I was just fast and long.

• Like 8

Great video, Paul!

Lots of bumps... and great centerline control...

The new screen looks bright from back here... but, anything smaller than the MP and RPM on the JPI is hard to see on the iPad 2knm away... :)

Thanks for sharing...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oscar Avalle said:

Paul, really nice!!! I got a real craving to go flying again... but I am under a full lockdown...

So two questions for you:

a) I guess you went full electric. What is your second AT?

b) I love your in ear headsets what brand is it?

Last but not least, nice Mooney...

Thanks Oscar!

a) Yes, vacuum is gone, except it still powers the speed brakes. The backup AI is the Garmin G5.

b) I'm wearing QT Halo's with custom molded ear pieces. Any audiologist can make the ear pieces or there is a guy at Oshkosh every year who makes them. They are more comfortable and quieter than any Bose or Lightspeed I've tried.

1 hour ago, gsxrpilot said:

Thanks Oscar!

a) Yes, vacuum is gone, except it still powers the speed brakes. The backup AI is the Garmin G5.

b) I'm wearing QT Halo's with custom molded ear pieces. Any audiologist can make the ear pieces or there is a guy at Oshkosh every year who makes them. They are more comfortable and quieter than any Bose or Lightspeed I've tried.

Thank you. They look very comfortable. I will look into that option.

• Like 1