Aspen Legacy Displays- Factory Newly Overhauled Available

As we all try and do our best to combat this unprecedented time in our history we at Aspen Avionics would like everyone to know that we stand with you all. Effective immediately  the factory has made available a limited amount of Factory Newly Overhauled Legacy PFD/MFD 1000 Systems. Now is the time to take advantage of this incredible opportunity to upgrade into a glass panel or add additional screens.

At $5,995 the package includes:

• Our award winning PFD or MFD System
  • Synthetic Vision Enablement
  • ADS-B Software Enablement for display of compatible 3rd party ADS-B “in” solution
  • 1 Year Parts and Labor Factory Warranty
  • $1,995 upgrade to MAX display within a year of installation
Please reach out to me directly if you have any questions andy.smith@aspenavionics.com 

@Andy Smith this is a very nice offer. I have a couple questions...

1. Are these list prices through a dealer?

2. Will the unlocks come preloaded or on a sd card to the dealer?

3. Does the mfd include the external battery or is that an option?

4. Is the max upgrade linked to the serial number or the individual buying the unit?  I’d like to send in my current pfd for the upgrade so I don’t have any downtime. 

12 hours ago, MIm20c said:

@Andy Smith this is a very nice offer. I have a couple questions...

1. Are these list prices through a dealer?

2. Will the unlocks come preloaded or on a sd card to the dealer?

3. Does the mfd include the external battery or is that an option?

4. Is the max upgrade linked to the serial number or the individual buying the unit?  I’d like to send in my current pfd for the upgrade so I don’t have any downtime. 

1.) These are only available through a dealer, the price given is list price. 

2.) The unlocks will be suppled to the dealer to do in the field. 

3.) I can include the battery on an MFD1000 purchase. 

4.) The MAX upgrade is linked to the S/N and Aircraft that it is registered to. The $500 advanced exchange fee is waived in this instance. Once you purchase the upgrade, yu will be put in the que for an exchange.

Guys.... this is a crazy good deal!!  

14 hours ago, McMooney said:

hmm, same price range as 2 g5's and cheaper than 2 gi-275's.

can' this be connected to the brittain AP,  what's the minimum setup for an IFR panel?

We do have interface capabilities for the Nav Flight II & IV as well as the B5 and B5C.What model do you have?   For the installation, you will need to retain the Airspeed, Attitude, and Altimeter in the pilot's primary field of view. 

Edited by Andy Smith

1 hour ago, Andy Smith said:

For the installation, you will need to retain the Airspeed, Attitude, and Altimeter in the pilot's primary field of view. 

This is for a PFD only installation. (Single Aspen). If you install both the PFD/MFD combination, none of the round gauges are required.

Will the Aspen not interface with the Brittain through the EA100?

1 hour ago, gsxrpilot said:

This is for a PFD only installation. (Single Aspen). If you install both the PFD/MFD combination, none of the round gauges are required.

Will the Aspen not interface with the Brittain through the EA100?

This is correct. When you add the MFD1000 w/external battery to the equation, you can eliminate all of the back up gauges and really clean up t he panel. The EA100 is only certified for interface to Century and King autopilots. We do have Navigation interface to the Nav Flight II & IV, B5 and B5C (I made a call to tech support to verify, as I mis-spoke on the earlier comment, since corrected). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andy Smith said:

We do have interface capabilities for the Nav Flight II & IV as well as the B5 and B5C.What model do you have?   For the installation, you will need to retain the Airspeed, Attitude, and Altimeter in the pilot's primary field of view. 

I have a nav flite II.

so would need a backup g5 or another aspen it seems.

What's install time look like on an Aspen?

Edited by McMooney
more thoughts

50 minutes ago, McMooney said:

I have a nav flite II.

Your installer can go over what is best for you when it comes to an electric back up. We are generally seeing install hours around 40 to complete. This also depends on the familiarity the shop has with your aircraft, the interfaces, etc... every aircraft is just a little different. But this is a good "ballpark" number to work with. 

Hey Andy, feel like donating one to the Mooney Summit's Silent auction in October? You would put Aspen Avionics as a supporter of the Mooney Community for simply the cost of goods for a refurbished setup! John would be proud you are doing something that gives back to aviation by supporting the only 501c3 charity that aids downed Mooney pilots' families at the time they need it the most. Other fine companies like Garmin, Lightspeed, L3, Tempest, Jeppesen etc have all realized the exceptional value of their kindness already. Join the club of these industry leading companies.

Thanks for considering, and feel free to reach out to Rick Junkin @Junkman rick.junkin@mooneysummit.com for finalizing this!

Mike Elliott 

(PS I had faith in Aspen way back when becoming the 2nd Mooney install behind Pete Lyons., show some love back :) )

• Like 1

I flew my 252 with it's newly upgraded Aspen PFD MAX today. The wind was 45 knots over the mountains causing a miserable ride all over Denver. That and a direct 18 knot cross wind, kept me to a shortish 45 min. But the new unit looks great! It also has some new data that I need to learn about. I guess I should get into the manual and do some reading while I wait for the wind to calm down a bit.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Hey Andy, feel like donating one to the Mooney Summit's Silent auction in October? You would put Aspen Avionics as a supporter of the Mooney Community for simply the cost of goods for a refurbished setup! John would be proud you are doing something that gives back to aviation by supporting the only 501c3 charity that aids downed Mooney pilots' families at the time they need it the most. Other fine companies like Garmin, Lightspeed, L3, Tempest, Jeppesen etc have all realized the exceptional value of their kindness already. Join the club of these industry leading companies.

Thanks for considering, and feel free to reach out to Rick Junkin @Junkman rick.junkin@mooneysummit.com for finalizing this!

Mike Elliott 

(PS I had faith in Aspen way back when becoming the 2nd Mooney install behind Pete Lyons., show some love back :) )

I will be happy to send the request up the ladder for review. I personally, am not in position to make a commitment to a donation. Thank you for reaching out and certainly thank you for being a supporter from t he beginning.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I flew my 252 with it's newly upgraded Aspen PFD MAX today. The wind was 45 knots over the mountains causing a miserable ride all over Denver. That and a direct 18 knot cross wind, kept me to a shortish 45 min. But the new unit looks great! It also has some new data that I need to learn about. I guess I should get into the manual and do some reading while I wait for the wind to calm down a bit.

that flight sounds a bit rough! yes, a smoother day would bode best to play with the extra features the MAX now has. Let me know how things go and if you have any questions.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy Smith said:

I will be happy to send the request up the ladder for review. I personally, am not in position to make a commitment to a donation. Thank you for reaching out and certainly thank you for being a supporter from t he beginning.   

Thanks Andy...we can get you a lot of traction for this.

1 hour ago, McMooney said:

I have a nav flite II.

I have the slanted panel, would it fit?

this seems like i'd come out ahead if i did this instead of 2 gi-275's  with sv.

image.thumb.png.9e633ac9f23ac324b14f98e44781b00c.png

2 hours ago, McMooney said:

I have the slanted panel, would it fit?

this seems like i'd come out ahead if i did this instead of 2 gi-275's  with sv.

image.thumb.png.9e633ac9f23ac324b14f98e44781b00c.png

Yes, it would fit based on this picture. The ATT and DG are aligned with each other and both at 3-1/8" instruments. I do not see any reason why you would have a problem. The plastic overlay will have to be modified, but a straight edge, a steady hand and a soldering iron works extremely well in doing that. 

Ooof, Andy. You have just added another page to my book, Exciting Women Are Expensive. So, it’s $6K to add an MFD to go with my current older PFD, $2-4K to upgrade one or both to the max display, and roughly $4K labor? Surely the Beast and I are worth it. How about I make the winning bid to the Mooney Summit silent auction right now, and save us time? (Shh, Mike!) 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Amelia said:

Ooof, Andy. You have just added another page to my book, Exciting Women Are Expensive. So, it’s $6K to add an MFD to go with my current older PFD, $2-4K to upgrade one or both to the max display, and roughly $4K labor? Surely the Beast and I are worth it. How about I make the winning bid to the Mooney Summit silent auction right now, and save us time? (Shh, Mike!) 

Mimi...I will stay out of this one our of respect for you! @junkman, are we opening up the silent auction early? :) 

Andy, see the op here?

14 hours ago, Amelia said:

Ooof, Andy. You have just added another page to my book, Exciting Women Are Expensive. So, it’s $6K to add an MFD to go with my current older PFD, $2-4K to upgrade one or both to the max display, and roughly $4K labor?

You’ll need to upgrade both screens if you want the max upgrade. And I do agree that the price sounds good. To just upgrade my screen to the max version is 5k.  To add the mfd w/external battery, SV, adsb input, and upgrade both to max is 10k (plus install). Also I noticed on Chase’s ad on BT that the ea100 could be had for 1600 ish for people with BK AP’s.