A big thanks

Sethg52000

Just wanted to give Alan Fox a big thanks on this forum! 
I was having trouble finding an emergency gear extension cable assembly for my ‘70 F model, so I went to the internet for help.
Alan had the assembly, and I just happened to be on a layover in Philadelphia, 45 minutes from Alan. He picked me up, showed me what a real Philly cheesesteak was, brought me to his shop, gave me the tools to verify the working order of the part, and drove me to the train station to go back to my hotel! Had a great experience, and made another aviation friend! Thanks Alan!

• Like 13

1 hour ago, rbridges said:

Alan's awesome. He's a great resource for parts. He hooked me up with a front wheel a few years ago. Of course he didn't include a sandwich, so I'm kinda bummed about that. 

Ya'll ain't got no real Philly cheesesteaks in south Georgia . . . . .  :o

• Haha 3

Grimmy the reaper...

Has supplied many parts to the MS fleet...

Showed what the insides of a Mooney looks like when sliced open...

Shared a lift a few times...

Has given great insight on how things work, or get fixed, or replaced...

He also has a great stack of electronics on a magical shelf somewhere...

If you need a radio... check Alan’s inventory...

I bought a replacement transponder one day... Alan delivered during the Mooney Summit where my ship was down with a transponder failure... :)

I like the chicken sandwich... but we had Japanese at a local joint...

Go MS!

Best regards,

-a-

6 hours ago, Vance Harral said:

Another plug for Alan, he recently helped us out of a jam involving a broken fuel selector.  It would not be possible to keep older (and in some cases even newer) Mooneys flying without salvage operators like him.

And another plug for @Alan Fox.  He sold me some back plates for my spinner when one was discovered to be cracked.  I also credit him with the sale of my Mooney by offering outstanding advice.