SCS Carpets

On 4/3/2020 at 5:26 PM, Andy95W said:

Only catch is that there may not be ashtrays installed and the airplane must be placarded as no smoking.  Easy.

Not easy! I need to use the ashtray otherwise my cigarettes would be harmful to my pax! 

1 hour ago, FastTex said:

Has anyone done...this? 

https://jaegeraviation.com/cost

Yes, a few folks here have done the Spatial Interior mod.  Most recent was @Marauder, who has an F like you.

I used Bruce's ideas in my 1964, but the only panels that will work (with a lot of modification) in pre-1965 models are for the back seats.

IMG_1699.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

I'm looking at the SCS carpet package.  Quick questions/requests for PIREPs:

1. I'm leaning toward nylon.  Would anyone who got nylon recommend the Ensolite foam backing, or can I skip it?

2. Has anyone with an MSE (~1994) had any fit issues with the pre-cut M20J 201 kit?

On 3/29/2020 at 8:13 PM, carusoam said:

See if this makes sense...

1) SCS is the higher quality, better fit and materials solution... great for a well cared for forever-plane...

2) Airtex is fantastic for that first time Mooney owner, need to replace the original, now kinda thing... Proper certs and everything... Holy cow improvement over the 1965 original light weight fabric over cardboard....

FYI, the SCS price includes the side panel carpet pieces.  The AirTex does not.  If you add them to the order, the total price is very close to the price of the SCS kit.

One other thing for the DIY people, the SCS at least has bound edges.  Which is more work and needs a heavy duty sewing machine.

SCS carpets are top notch. I decided to do the lightest weight option (my plane is on a massive diet like me). Nylon with no backing and found that the Velcro isn't even needed on the floor carpet. It stays put without shifting around. One thing to note, the seats are impossible to install with the carpet laid out. Pull up the carpet, install the seats then push the carpet under the seat. I was rummaging around the cabin like a sweaty silverback gorilla, using every colorful word imaginable before I figured it out. 

E30F9F85-213F-4C51-942B-85546D39FDFD.jpeg