Dog Flight Needed - Waco, TX to Tucson, AZ

I'm putting this out there to see if anyone wants to or can help. I've done a number of Pilots n' Paws flights and they are fun and rewarding. There are a couple of rescues, one in CA and one in AZ that I have done multiple flights for. It seems there is no shortage of small dogs they are looking to move from CA to AZ. Back in March 2018 I had the most dogs in the plane I've had at one time, two Pomeranians and a Spaniel mix. We flew them from Corona to Marana (KAVQ). The lady who was getting the Spaniel was there at the airport along with the lady who runs the shelter and her husband who were picking up the Pomeranians until she could find them a home. 

I received this email from her yesterday. The flight she is looking for doesn't really qualify for a Pilots n' Paws flight so instead of posting there she is reaching out to pilots that have flown dogs for her in the past. I'll just quote her email, if anyone can help her out or knows someone then please PM me and I can get you her email and cell number.

"Hi Richard!  I hope your sister was able to find just the right pup for her.  I am so very sorry I missed answering this email.  On Oct 18th (2018) - 6 days before your email - my husband was killed in a horrible car accident here in Tucson.  I wasn't being good about getting into emails for the first several weeks and by then my box was so full I must have missed this.  My sincere apologies!  You met my husband, who was with me at the airport, when you dropped off the last batch of pups to us - a black pomeranian duo and a spaniel mix female. 

Anyway, I hope this email - extremely late as it is - finds you and your family well.  I know things are very strange right now with this virus scare going around.  Are you still flying at all or have they grounded flights at this time?  I ask not regarding transporting a rescue pup for me/us, but, I am hoping if not you, then perhaps you know someone that could help me get another pup to Tucson for me personally.  I am getting a golden retriever pup to train as a therapy dog.  My hope is to reach a point with him that we can be a resource for other families who receive the horrible news that I did and find themselves broken hearted, confused and just needing something warm, soft and quiet to hug while they cry or process the news.  I know how overwhelming it was to get that call and find myself in a hospital waiting room being told the worst news of my life.  The pup I am getting is coming from a breeder on a large organic farm just outside Waco, Texas who specializes in therapy and assistance dog breeding - not a back yard or unethical breeder.  She carefully chooses her pups for their health and temperament and I will need to pick up my little guy some time in the next few weeks.  I was going to try to drive by myself from Tucson - but honestly with states buttoning down who can go where and hotels/restaurants being forbidden to serve, etc I am scared to drive on my own now and end up trapped potentially somewhere with the pup and nowhere to go.  Do you know anyone, or would you, be willing to fly him from Waco to Tucson for me?  I am happy to pay for fuel and any other fees that would be needed.  I would just be so very thankful if I could find a less stressful solution - so thought I would give this a try."

Here's a picture when we dropped those three off. 

20180330_182504.thumb.jpg.1c60ce891ff13ecf2bc3e42a666b4b11.jpg

• Like 1

I was kinda thinking of going to visit family in Bisbee, maybe in a month or so...?  KHAE would be starting point, I don't have firelight handy but probably goes near Waco if I take the south route by El Paso/ Anthony gap. 

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Thanks Anthony, yes looks like it adds a couple of hundred miles , not a big deal. @Skates97 do you know when this would need to go and how many dogs?

She had said a couple of weeks, and it is a Golden Retriever pup. I believe the time frame is because the dog has to be old enough to leave the mom, if that is the case it will not be very big. I did have a couple of guys from the Beechtalk forums that said they might be able to do it as well so I passed her information along to them. I will PM you her contact info and let you work with her on any further details.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stephen said:

Thanks Anthony, yes looks like it adds a couple of hundred miles , not a big deal. @Skates97 do you know when this would need to go and how many dogs?

Actually looks like I'm tied down for a few months on that trip now. We may have to try beech talk if nobody else on MS can do it. Anyone else heading from/through TX to AZ?