Paint correction on 252AD

Denver98

Having access to @gsxrpilot’s awesome Mooney 252 has been just awesome.  It has allowed me to fly my favorite piston single airplane.  It has gotten me back into general aviation and helped me stay mentally sharp.  I’m not going to lie, I was loosing my “captain” brain and this has really helped.  So, to give back, I offered (in exchange for some flight time) to do a full paint correction on the Mooney.  I’ve been working on this in my spare time for about a month, it’s been a big job, but the results are worth sharing.  

It’s been a solid five step process, clean that surface, clay bar, “cut” compound, polish and finally ceramic coat.   The results have been dramatic, almost surprising.  All of the products I’m using I bought from a local Colorado Company, Adam’s polishes.  Here are some of the before and afters. I took some video early on and will shoot a little more now that I’m almost finished.  I’ll try to edit that and post later.  Enjoy.

523D8C8C-2C31-446A-9576-FD337F92DC2C.jpeg

F0452CEC-DB63-4622-8A84-18B7D212C9B5.jpeg

AD217E7C-F5CF-4F9B-B068-B62E5BF0120F.jpeg

0D08A7BC-DA91-42B2-8186-2EFEF9207784.jpeg

53D1B5CE-4972-4D47-B2DE-1324A308C5E2.jpeg

317E1F14-5C4E-469F-B810-EBE209F97CED.jpeg

• Like 3

I just gotta say, the pictures don't even do it justice. The colors are so deep and clear. If it wasn't for the chipped paint here and there, it would be mistaken for a new paint job. 

I've always been hesitant to let anyone else fly my Mooney. You always worry that someone else won't take care of her as well as you do. Well obviously Scott treats 252AD better than I do. And I'm happy she's getting out of the hangar for more regular exercise.

Here's one more picture.

60522535012__D1ED3B3B-416A-4A5D-A361-6BF7D373F6DF.thumb.jpeg.ddff0550b737574d661bcbb4c7610727.jpeg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Denver98 said:

Having access to @gsxrpilot’s awesome Mooney 252 has been just awesome.  It has allowed me to fly my favorite piston single airplane.  It has gotten me back into general aviation and helped me stay mentally sharp.  I’m not going to lie, I was loosing my “captain” brain and this has really helped.  So, to give back, I offered (in exchange for some flight time) to do a full paint correction on the Mooney.  I’ve been working on this in my spare time for about a month, it’s been a big job, but the results are worth sharing.  

It’s been a solid five step process, clean that surface, clay bar, “cut” compound, polish and finally ceramic coat.   The results have been dramatic, almost surprising.  All of the products I’m using I bought from a local Colorado Company, Adam’s polishes.  Here are some of the before and afters. I took some video early on and will shoot a little more now that I’m almost finished.  I’ll try to edit that and post later.  Enjoy.

I really think it's only fair that you spend part of the year flying Paul's airplane in Colorado and part of the year flying mine in Texas.

• Like 3