Do 1969 M20E seats fit in my 1979 M20K?

Andrewmx2955

Hi everyone, I lost my seats and need new ones, please help. I am in California and all of the "non-essential businesses" have shut down. In January I sent my seats (front and rear) out to be reupholstered, and now the business that has them is shut down. I found some seats for a 1969 M20E and am considering buying them and using them until things calm down and go back to normal. I tried to reach out to Mooney a few times, but have had no luck with a response. Does anyone know if those seats will fit my 1979 M20K or have any other suggestions about how to get flying. 

Welcome aboard Andrew...

you will probably want to confirm for yourself...

There are parts manuals for your plane and the one you are asking about...

In the end... they probably haven’t changed the seat tracks in a meaningful way...

Hope this helps... 

Best regards,

-a-

I don’t think that you’ll have an issue installing them.  One item that may mess you up, the older seat belts likely won’t connect to your shoulder belts, unless you were luck enough to keep yours.

Clarence